Question Is 6 fans too much?

Dec 20, 2021
My first time building a pc and I ordered 6 fans, my gpu is a Asus RTX 3060 Ti and CPU is Ryzen 7 5700G, I dont want to put too many fans because then theres unnessecary noise

My first time building a pc and I ordered 6 fans, my gpu is a Asus RTX 3060 Ti and CPU is Ryzen 7 5700G, I dont want to put too many fans because then theres unnessecary noise

Try 2 in front blowing in and 1 in the back sucking out.

Evaluate temps.

If unhappy...add another fan or increase speed of the first 3.

If still unhappy, add another, etc. Experimentation. Your happiness depends on your sensitivity to noise and your fear of temperatures being "too high".

I hope your fans are at least 120 mm in diameter.

Nearly any fan will become audible as rpm goes beyond 1000.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
View: https://youtu.be/OupiPZybyBE

It's not the fan amount. It's not even placement or direction. It's totally whether the fans will actually accomplish anything. You might get great results with 2x in front and 1x in rear, or 3x in front, 1x rear and 1x top rear. Some cases like the NZXT 500 series do best with 0x front intake and just 1x rear, 1x top rear.

So case design, panels, obstructions, types of fan etc all play a role. The fans need to accomplish something, if they don't then all they are is noise makers.

Dec 20, 2021
Try 2 in front blowing in and 1 in the back sucking out.

Evaluate temps.

If unhappy...add another fan or increase speed of the first 3.

If still unhappy, add another, etc. Experimentation. Your happiness depends on your sensitivity to noise and your fear of temperatures being "too high".

I hope your fans are at least 120 mm in diameter.

Nearly any fan will become audible as rpm goes beyond 1000.
thanks! and yes my fans are 120 mm, im stupid and also just realized my case has 2 slots for fans blowing in, not 3 lol

TRENDING THREADS