[SOLVED] Is 650W PSU enough for a 5800X & RTX 3070?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2841972
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2841972

Considering to get a Sharkoon 750W WPM Gold Zero 80+. Looks like this it the only one that I can find and get for a cheap price in my country. I looked at the PSU tier list on this subforum, looks lik this one is that bad (C Tier).

Solution
You should really think before you buy a brand new psu.
First of all, in my opinion it should be atleast a 5 year investment, so pick quality units that can last 5 or more years.
Second of all, look at the wattage, you never want to run your psu near 100%, so its not a bad idea to go overkill and play it safe.
Third of all, considering both 5800X and 3070 will cost you well over 1000$, getting a cheap psu makes no sense to me.
If i were you i wouldnt even think about getting anything below Tier A.
Something like Seasonic FOCUS GX 750W or Corsair RMx 750W is what i would choose.
First of all, in my opinion it should be atleast a 5 year investment, so pick quality units that can last 5 or more years.
Second of all, look at the wattage, you never want to run your psu near 100%, so its not a bad idea to go overkill and play it safe.
Third of all, considering both 5800X and 3070 will cost you well over 1000$, getting a cheap psu makes no sense to me.
Something like Seasonic FOCUS GX 750W or Corsair RMx 750W is what i would choose.

Solution
D

Deleted member 2841972

Where is "my country"? Is that the only brand you have access to? You should be looking at higher tier units. Lower tier units are meant for lower pedigree systems or system that have expendable hardware.
In Turkey, I can mostly find Thermaltake, FSP, Corsair, Cooler Master, Gigabyte, Sharkoon and Zalman. I just wanted to know if 650W going to be enough for that CPU and GPU, even if I am not going to get two of them. I just don't want to be in trouble in future, I mean after 3-4 years of usage, I don't want to change my PSU once more only because it doesn't provide enough power. The one that I mentioned was the only one who offers a good W with a good price but it is a B Tier. The PSU that I am using right now is Thermaltake Smart 650W and I want to change it since people saying that its nto safe to use it.

Looks like I can get this one https://www.amazon.com/Seasonic-GX-750-Full-Modular-Application-SSR-750FX/dp/B077J9G9CH , the other model you mentioned is out of stock.

CX 650 (gray) is also good if available.
That is also out of stock but I added that into my wishlist too. Thanks for it.

In Turkey, I can mostly find Thermaltake, FSP, Corsair, Cooler Master, Gigabyte, Sharkoon and Zalman. I just wanted to know if 650W going to be enough for that CPU and GPU, even if I am not going to get two of them. I just don't want to be in trouble in future, I mean after 3-4 years of usage, I don't want to change my PSU once more only because it doesn't provide enough power. The one that I mentioned was the only one who offers a good W with a good price but it is a B Tier. The PSU that I am using right now is Thermaltake Smart 650W and I want to change it since people saying that its nto safe to use it.

Looks like I can get this one https://www.amazon.com/Seasonic-GX-750-Full-Modular-Application-SSR-750FX/dp/B077J9G9CH , the other model you mentioned is out of stock.

That is also out of stock but I added that into my wishlist too. Thanks for it.
I'd get the Seasonic one then.