[SOLVED] Is 70C normal for Rtx3070 (Gigabyte GAMING OC) in 3440X1440

BaconCassetteTape

Commendable
Feb 3, 2021
Sorry for this dummy question...

Context
I recently upgraded to 3070 from 1050ti, I'm just concerned if this sort of temperature is normal since my old card runs much cooler than this ever were, and my case began heating up like an oven, I'm seating 13inches away from it and I can still feel the heat.
I'm concerned because my ambient rn is 28C without any AC and in the coming summers, it goes as high as 38-40C (room temp)... I really want this card to run under60 or 65 if it is feasible.
I bought 2 Acrtic P14 fans which I set to run 100% in the bios as intake which is the closest to the gpu = (this drastically lowered the temps by 8 -10C before I was using a generic 2 120 as intakes)
after that I bought a vertical gpu mount hoping to reduce the idle temps when the gpu fans is turned off = yes it did reduce it by about 5-8 in idle but it became worse when its under load
so I ended up just ditching the vertical mount .... i also set 2, 120 fans(pull) to 100% on bios as exhaust this magically made the temps much worse it increased by about 5-8C on my GPU,
which was weird to me since I was expecting it to blow out more air rather than make the whole thing hotter. does the case gaps has something to with it? (using a 240 aio instead of 280) or I'm doing something wrong
with the aio ?, the push fans are not pwm so I cant set the speed.

Short Version: is there a way to keep this thing cool without resorting to custom fan curves and other software, I kinda want to use it as is without any software other than the drivers.

Long version: Does the case airflow has something to do with this? is the temps normal? I really don't wanna use the card at that temps since the summer heat is coming, Do i need to change up my fan orientation? I just need your opinion on this peeps since I'm already at the end of my road and my pocket is already empty
But yes if the 70C is normal and if I can't do anything about then i guess ill have to live with this 3070

Yes its bottlenecked and I'm planning to upgrade don't worry, rn my problem is that this thing is too hot .. sorry for my bad English its like my 4th language
Here are some pics
HDuz97l.png

(I cant seem to put up a preview of the image here's a imgur link instead)

Last edited:
Solution
Short answer: Yes, your thermals are fine and good.

Long answer: OMG, just stop. Those results are normal for your configuration. Other users have higher operating thermals than you do with their setups, and would be jealous of what you're getting.
Whine about it when you're running 85C or higher.
Also, comparing that 3070 to the old 1050Ti isn't fair by ANY means.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

Long answer: OMG, just stop. Those results are normal for your configuration. Other users have higher operating thermals than you do with their setups, and would be jealous of what you're getting.

Solution

BaconCassetteTape

Commendable
Feb 3, 2021

Noted! Thanks! ... I don't really know that it's not a fair comparison, sorry about that ... I saw some benchmarks online their cards were running around 50 -60C, and it's my first time seeing a 75C in my system so kinda panicked a little bit ... anyways thanks again!

Reactions: Phaaze88