Question Is 77-82 Celsius while gaming normal?

Mar 18, 2020
My build
I7-9700K
16gb ram
Nvidia Rtx 2080Super
3 fans in front and 1 fan in the back

when I play Warcraft 3 reforged and Witcher 3 ultra settings, my computer heats up to around 77-82 Celsius. It’s a prebuild from Ibuypower and had it for 3 months. Is that the normal temp is should be while running on ultra settings ?

Mar 18, 2020
Is that the CPU or GPU temp?

What kind of cooler does your computer have? If its the GPU what GPU specifically (Make and model) do you have

I use msi afterburner and the right side just displayed the temps without actually doing anything to the settings so I guess it’s the GPU temp. My computer has a 120mm addressable RGB liquid cooling which is a closed loop radiator and pump. NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER is the graphics card. I’m not home now so I don’t know the exact model number. Thanks for replying !! It’s also a dual fan gpu

MSI Afterburner will display both GPU and CPU temps, however the GPU temp is listed at the top, CPU you have to scroll down a bit for.

Depending on the exact model of the card, temps can vary depending on how thick the cooler is and the number of fans used. The temps seem a little high, but it could be from poor air flow.

What is the case and fan configuration like? Ibuypower cases can have pretty restrictive air flow designs

Mar 18, 2020
MSI Afterburner will display both GPU and CPU temps, however the GPU temp is listed at the top, CPU you have to scroll down a bit for.

Depending on the exact model of the card, temps can vary depending on how thick the cooler is and the number of fans used. The temps seem a little high, but it could be from poor air flow.

What is the case and fan configuration like? Ibuypower cases can have pretty restrictive air flow designs

It is the ibuypower slate mr case, 3 fans in front and and 1 in back. I did turn up the fan speed when temp reach that high, but it still doesn’t bring the temp down as much. Do i need another fan in the back/exhaust fan ?

TRENDING THREADS