Is 80 degrees ok for my gpu?

odiukurac70

Honorable
Dec 12, 2017
sooo... i just bought my new gpu (gt 1030) and it's awesome in games (at least for me), but there is a bit of a problem, when i play games temperatures can go up to 83 degrees celsius (they don't go more than that) and they are mostly at 80 degrees, but i'm not sure if this is good for a gpu, by the way, i have the passive cooled version, so there's no fan on the gpu, i knew the temperatures would go up, but i didn't know that they were going to go this high, so somebody please tell if this is ok for the gpu, thanks.

Solution
the card is configured to work up to 84C out of the box and this limit can be changed to 92C - that is the max safe limit. when temps are reaching 83C, the card may throttle a bit (lower frequency) to keep temps in check.
that can result in lower gaming performance. make sure there is enough fresh air pushed to the case.
the card is configured to work up to 84C out of the box and this limit can be changed to 92C - that is the max safe limit. when temps are reaching 83C, the card may throttle a bit (lower frequency) to keep temps in check.
that can result in lower gaming performance. make sure there is enough fresh air pushed to the case.

Solution

Prominent
Oct 4, 2017
Anything under 90 degrees should be safe but is awfully high. having your card be at high temperatures like that can negatively alter your card's lifespan. Cards normally throttle in the mid-80's range. I'd recommend getting a program like Afterburner and making your fan spin faster to reduce temperature.

odiukurac70

Honorable
Dec 12, 2017

i said my card is passively cooled, so i don't have a fan, but what else can i do to reduce temperature

TRENDING THREADS