[SOLVED] is ~80C every day bad for my cpu?

Nov 28, 2021
I have an Intel i9-11900k (cooled by a Noctua NH-D15) with turbo boost enabled, and during gaming it usually sits in the mid 50s to maybe the low 60s at the most, however, with one game I play it is more cpu intensive and makes it hit anywhere from 75C to 83C and was wondering if playing this 3-6 hours a day will be significantly reducing the lifespan of my cpu

Solution
is ~80C every day bad for my cpu?
83°C will not immediately damage a modern CPU.
by immediately i mean many hours at this temperature.

but i would be wary after many months or years.
noticeable damage may not occur but the overall lifespan will be degraded.

include your complete system specs
along with where the system is located; desk, floor, cabinet, etc.

with any decent case & fans along with that cooler you should not be seeing these temperatures...
is ~80C every day bad for my cpu?

with any decent case & fans along with that cooler you should not be seeing these temperatures...

Solution
Nov 28, 2021

Mobo is an asus rog maximus xiii hero, cpu already listed, gskill tridentz ram, evga 3080, inside of an asus rog strix helios case, and it sits on the floor, all fans set to full speed

you have left out the most important component of any system: power supply + time in use.
you have also left out all of your system-wide cooling: chassis fans, their location, & their orientation.

without the cooling info;
i would guess that you do not have enough cool air coming in and do not have adequate exhaust so the CPU is just being fed recycled war air that gets warmer with each pass around the interior.

Intel sets the thermal throttling temperature to 100°C. A peak core temperature of 83°C is a normal operating temperature for an Intel CPU. It is not going to hurt anything to run your CPU at this temperature. Every half decent modern gaming laptop sees constant core temperatures up over 90°C when gaming. No worries.

Your CPU is going to run warm on CPU intensive applications.

I've been there with Battlefield 1 and my old i7-7700K. I would say don't stress yourself too much over. I went through a lot with overclocking, undervolting (many BSOD in the process), changing coolers, and even deliding the CPU and applying liquid metal. In the end, I wish I would have just accepted the warm temps and left my CPU alone. It would have been a lot easier on my time and money.

Nov 28, 2021
you have left out the most important component of any system: power supply + time in use.
you have also left out all of your system-wide cooling: chassis fans, their location, & their orientation.

without the cooling info;
i would guess that you do not have enough cool air coming in and do not have adequate exhaust so the CPU is just being fed recycled war air that gets warmer with each pass around the interior.
psu is a seasonic prime tx-1000 (1000W) I am usually on my computer for 8-10 hours a day but I dont play the game that makes my temps spike for that long, maybe 3 to 4 hours at most. no additional fans, case has 3 intake fans on front and one exhaust

psu is a seasonic prime tx-1000 (1000W) I am usually on my computer for 8-10 hours a day but I dont play the game that makes my temps spike for that long, maybe 3 to 4 hours at most. no additional fans, case has 3 intake fans on front and one exhaust
if you bought this pre-built;
remove the CPU cooler and apply a known high performance thermal paste.
also make sure your fans are all set with adequate curve profiles.

https://www.tomshardware.com/best-picks/best-thermal-paste