[SOLVED] is 80C normal temp for q6600?

May 2, 2020
hi everyone
i have a intell C2Q q6600 2.4 revision G0 without oc in a lenovo m58 7360 ssf mini case(which up to the lenovo support this mini case cant run q6xxx)and now i was wondering if my temps are too high. its not a week since i installed this cpu and i used a good quality thermal paste.
in normal use(like a chrome and a vpn on) its 59 59 55 54celsius and when i stressed it with cpu-z over a full night temps were 81 80 79 78 it just did fine
is there anything to be concern about?

Solution
thank you for reply
i searched internet but the kind you mentioned is out of stock in amazon and ebay .
would you tell me how to increase fan speed?in bios i couldnt find anything about fan.i keep looking in net but until now there was nothing useful.
and the difference between this two is just the fans or heatsinks too are different?
So I was checking my hardware guide for it which lists all the parts (search for 46r4780.pdf) and there it lists the 41r6454 as the '95w thermal kit' which was also a part number on the previous lenovo page I linked. I know that in my own procurement of a 95w heatsink, the part numbers can vary for the different style of cases and it won't tell you, so you will need to check exactly which one of...
hi everyone
i have a intell C2Q q6600 2.4 revision G0 without oc in a lenovo m58 7360 ssf mini case(which up to the lenovo support this mini case cant run q6xxx)and now i was wondering if my temps are too high. its not a week since i installed this cpu and i used a good quality thermal paste.
in normal use(like a chrome and a vpn on) its 59 59 55 54celsius and when i stressed it with cpu-z over a full night temps were 81 80 79 78 it just did fine
is there anything to be concern about?

Those numbers are perfectly normal for stress test conditions.

Normal usage could be a bit lower, but nothing to worry about

Reactions: Frank Underwood
i got it if its stable there is no problem
and yes i think the heatsink is for an e8400 which is 65watt cpu but it seems can handle q6600
thanks for your answers
It's NOT normal. None of my q6xxx or q9xxx processors run that hot, and they're in 80F ambient temps. I keep the fans floored on the them since I'm not near them, but even stress testing my 65w heatsink systems, they only get to 55C or so. Yours is running too hot and you should swap to the other heatsink or other motherboard components will get cooked and your system will fail. I've got 2x lenovos just like yours that cooked their guts and don't boot right anymore.

emy12

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
Definitely is not normal. I have Arctic freezer 13 on my Q9550, idle is around 35C, even overclocked, playing games is max 60C. I stressed it and never goes beyond 60C. I have extra case fans but all disabled, no use, only noise.

May 2, 2020
Okay, so the problem is that you probably have a 65w heatsink and the q6600 would need the 95w heatsink. FRU for the 65w is 43n9877 and 98w 43n9874:
https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/.../thinkcentre-m58/7360/parts/display/schematic

Once you have the right heatsink, you'll see temps drop. In the meantime, ramp up your fan to 100% to keep it cool until your new heatsink arrives.
thank you for reply
i searched internet but the kind you mentioned is out of stock in amazon and ebay .
would you tell me how to increase fan speed?in bios i couldnt find anything about fan.i keep looking in net but until now there was nothing useful.
and the difference between this two is just the fans or heatsinks too are different?

thank you for reply
So I was checking my hardware guide for it which lists all the parts (search for 46r4780.pdf) and there it lists the 41r6454 as the '95w thermal kit' which was also a part number on the previous lenovo page I linked. I know that in my own procurement of a 95w heatsink, the part numbers can vary for the different style of cases and it won't tell you, so you will need to check exactly which one of these part numbers matches the part you have. Luckily, it seems like the 41r6454 part is more available (and cheaper from what I've found) than the 43n9874. However, you need to absolutely make sure that this will fit properly or the 43n9874 may be a slightly different design and will be what you need.

The 65w heatsinks are everywhere for this machine so make sure you don't get the same thing you already have. I so far haven't found any images of the 95w heatsink, but I suspect there will be copper elements while the 65w is all aluminum.

In the meantime until you source the correct heatsink, you can increase the fan speed to 100% by removing the pwm pin (typically blue, but I can't seem to find any lenovo documentation to confirm it) using this guide and a paperclip or pin (I wouldn't use a blade like in the video--I've sliced my thumb on one of those before):
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9xeg_3eREc

There seems to also be some sort of 'bug' with ram placement that will put the system into 100% fan mode--you simply install ram starting at slot 2 vs slot 1.

Solution
May 2, 2020
So I was checking my hardware guide for it which lists all the parts (search for 46r4780.pdf) and there it lists the 41r6454 as the '95w thermal kit' which was also a part number on the previous lenovo page I linked. I know that in my own procurement of a 95w heatsink, the part numbers can vary for the different style of cases and it won't tell you, so you will need to check exactly which one of these part numbers matches the part you have. Luckily, it seems like the 41r6454 part is more available (and cheaper from what I've found) than the 43n9874. However, you need to absolutely make sure that this will fit properly or the 43n9874 may be a slightly different design and will be what you need.

The 65w heatsinks are everywhere for this machine so make sure you don't get the same thing you already have. I so far haven't found any images of the 95w heatsink, but I suspect there will be copper elements while the 65w is all aluminum.

In the meantime until you source the correct heatsink, you can increase the fan speed to 100% by removing the pwm pin (typically blue, but I can't seem to find any lenovo documentation to confirm it) using this guide and a paperclip or pin (I wouldn't use a blade like in the video--I've sliced my thumb on one of those before):
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9xeg_3eREc

There seems to also be some sort of 'bug' with ram placement that will put the system into 100% fan mode--you simply install ram starting at slot 2 vs slot 1.
thank you so much for this i will try it.but if even doesnt work thank you for spending your time yo answer me.