[SOLVED] Is 85 degrees on 1.2625V all-core 4.2Ghz Ryzen 9 3900x with Noctua NH-U12A normal?

Dec 9, 2019
Hi guys, I've been trying to overclock my 3900x, (It's hard af) And I've been wondering if the temps I am seeing are normal. As in the title, it goes to up to max 85-86C under repeated cinebench r20 runs. It's clocked at an all core 4.2Ghz, and the CPU voltage is 1.2625V. I've applied the Noctua NT-H1 paste with a spreader over the entire IHS. It probably should be set up as good as it goes. But I am worried that I might run into sudden shutdowns when the GPU starts to get involved and the case heats up. Or when the ambient temps rise in the summer. Are these temps normal? Also should I clock it a little lower perhaps?

I know that this is a 12 core CPU in an tiny AM4 socket, but the cooler is supposed to be close to top of the line.

I'm really sorry if this is a stupid question. I have little experience overclocking. Thank you all!

Solution
im more concerned as to why thats all the temp you are getting. Those are great temps for that high of an OC on an air cooler.. at that high of a voltage... I mean that's pretty high LOL

Regarding the gpu concerns and heating up the case.. Go open case or get better case fans.

LunarDapp

Reputable
Sep 10, 2018
im more concerned as to why thats all the temp you are getting. Those are great temps for that high of an OC on an air cooler.. at that high of a voltage... I mean that's pretty high LOL

Regarding the gpu concerns and heating up the case.. Go open case or get better case fans.

Solution