Is 8gb ram enough for 1080p ultra/max settings?

Sep 28, 2018
Hey guys, so basically I'm getting a brand new PC hopefully by next year (Or Christmas if I'm lucky) and I'm wondering if 8gb ram is enough for 2018's standards. Games like Black Ops 4 that I would love to play have a recommended system requirement of 12gb of ram and I'm worried that it just wouldn't be good enough for modern-day/AAA games and that the system will be held back at its full potential because of this...

The PC I'm looking at getting is...

AMD Ryzen 5 2600
8GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2400MHZ
GTX 1070 TI

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Sep 28, 2018

Alrighty, I guess I'll opt for the 16gb of ram. I don't want to spend too much on ram so I may stick with the 2400mhz ram, and maybe overclock it in the future. The motherboard selected in the build is an x470 one so I think it'll work fine.

I highly recommend you spend the 20$ premium on faster ram as ocing is unpredictable and ryzen does have a serious performance increase with faster ram. You can always just drop down to a b450 board and use the saved money for faster memory.

Sep 28, 2018

Yeah I think I'll do that, overclocking gets me a little worried so yeah. That's a good solution.

Sep 28, 2018

Thanks, didn't really know that type of information before. I'll look for some good kits that can put this machine to its full potential!