[SOLVED] Is 8GB RAM reallly that bad ? or is it something entirely else wrong with my PC? (Halo infinite and Warzone is unplayable).

GalacticGeek_

Prominent
Dec 11, 2021
PC SPECS :
CPU: Intel Core i3 9100F @ 3.60GHz
RAM: 8.00GB Single-Channel @ 2400MHz
MOTHERBOARD: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME H310M-E R2.0
Graphics Card : 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER
Storage: SDD and a HDD
SDD (OS is installed here and halo infinite) : Apacer AS340 120GB
HDD( Warzone is installed here): Seagate Barracuda 1TB
So my pc was able to run halo infinite but I am experiencing crashes when I try to load into a match , the video below shows that it takes time for some models to load in the game and the video cuts off because the game crashes ;
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Fmpb9lixyDUHnHJJfL8sboWuTySYwznt/view?usp=sharing

and in warzone textures dont load well and you read the rest of that story in this thread: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/warzone-stutters-and-textures-dont-load-very-well.3739012/

Please tell me why I can't play these games in my PC I think its because of the 8GB ram, but feel free not comment on what can do about this and if the 8GB ram stick is really the problem.

what I have tried:
Uninstalled graphics drivers by using DDU and used NVcleaninstall to reinstall GPU drivers
use Intelligent standby list cleaner ISLC to free memory
also deleted prefetch to try and fix the issue

HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED:)

Solution
Warzone is memory intensive and hdd is choking as a result due to excessive pagefile use and generally slow drive. An ssd would help compensate.

For your best interest, another stick of ram, same specs to minimise compatibility issues which may still happen mixing ram anyway. So ask if can return ram if that happens albeit probably be ok mixing. And a 1 tb ssd, sata type from Crucial or Samsung and reinstall Windows and games to it.

You'll be better off with 16gb ram and ssd. More stuff cached into ram, more bandwidth between cpu and ram due to dual channel and faster drive benefitting asset loading, textures on the fly.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Warzone is memory intensive and hdd is choking as a result due to excessive pagefile use and generally slow drive. An ssd would help compensate.

For your best interest, another stick of ram, same specs to minimise compatibility issues which may still happen mixing ram anyway. So ask if can return ram if that happens albeit probably be ok mixing. And a 1 tb ssd, sata type from Crucial or Samsung and reinstall Windows and games to it.

You'll be better off with 16gb ram and ssd. More stuff cached into ram, more bandwidth between cpu and ram due to dual channel and faster drive benefitting asset loading, textures on the fly.

Solution
There are lots of things that still work fine with 8 GiB, but gaming is most likely not one of them, depending on the games. (I'm actually writing this on an older machine with 8 GiB myself. It hasn't been a gaming rig for at least 6 years, but can still do lighter tasks)

Easy way to see if it is indeed the RAM would be to simply monitor it.

There are many tools, but MSI Afterburner + RTSS can give you an overlay, so that you can see the values in real-time without having to tab out.
Just set it to monitor CPU load (including individual cores, you can be limited by a single core) & temps, GPU load & temps, RAM load & VRAM load.
Windows starts paging data around 75-80% load, so try keeping it below that (6-6.4 GiB in your case). Windows will also take about 2-3 GiB itself.

If you see any of the values maxing out, that should be the limiting factor. In perfect conditions that should be your GPU (anything constantly above ~95% should be optimal)

Besides that I totally agree with boju, another stick for dual channel and a decent SSD for the game should greatly improve the situation.