[SOLVED] Is 90°C on max load Ryzen 5900x safe?

Tatles

Honorable
Nov 20, 2014
Hi,

I'm pretty new to building PCs and made this PC: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CKXrMv

At first my Ryzen was way too hot for idle (50°C) so I installed some more case fans and reapplied thermal paste. I've got 5 input 1 exhaust and 1 AIO

After doing a cinebench CPU benchmark test, the CPU temp maxed out at 91.8°C with an average of 89°C.

My CPU is idling at around 40°C and was wondering if this is too hot or even bad in the long run.

Any suggestions to help lower temps would be amazing.

Thank you.

Solution
I think you're going to have to change how you have that laid out.
Before that, make sure that intake and exhaust are what you say they are:
iu

Then:
Move the H100i to side intake.
Fill the top with 3x 120mm exhaust.
Test again.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I've got 5 input 1 exhaust and 1 AIO
Could you please elaborate on this? Location, intake or exhaust... that kind of stuff.

Ensure the pump is running:
-on-screen: bios and iCUE
-touch: cpu block, both tubes, and the radiator. 3/4 should be warm to the touch. Probably need to put it under load first.

Remount the cooler - remove the old paste and apply new.

Reactions: RodroX

Tatles

Honorable
Nov 20, 2014
Could you please elaborate on this? Location, intake or exhaust... that kind of stuff.

Ensure the pump is running:
-on-screen: bios and iCUE
-touch: cpu block, both tubes, and the radiator. 3/4 should be warm to the touch. Probably need to put it under load first.

Remount the cooler - remove the old paste and apply new.

I've got the AIO radiator + 1 exhaust fan on the top of the case.
2 intake fans on the bottom and 3 intake on the side by the mobo. The case as glass on the front and on one side so I had to settle with putting the fans on the side next to mobo.

Have already remounted the cooler with new thermal paste. The radiator's heat can be definitely felt through the case at the top (case isn't that thick)

Hi,

I'm pretty new to building PCs and made this PC: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CKXrMv

At first my Ryzen was way too hot for idle (50°C) so I installed some more case fans and reapplied thermal paste. I've got 5 input 1 exhaust and 1 AIO

After doing a cinebench CPU benchmark test, the CPU temp maxed out at 91.8°C with an average of 89°C.

My CPU is idling at around 40°C and was wondering if this is too hot or even bad in the long run.

Any suggestions to help lower temps would be amazing.

Thank you.
Simple answer is.. your CPU is running very hot... 80°C is maximum temperature is best at 100% load.. more than 85°C may shorten the life of your CPU.. most probably you need to fine tune your Settings from BIOS..

And you will be able to fix that without any loss in performance