[SOLVED] Is 93 degrees celsius too much for a GPU?

Aug 14, 2021
I have an NVIDIA Gtx 1070 and it was reaching temperatures of 93 degrees celsius and stabilizing under load, is this acceptable? It's at least three years old and the case is VERY slim as it was prebuilt, with little to no airflow. There are no fans besides two fans that plug into the CPU fan port on the motherboard that is very small and my singular fan my graphics card has. I think my card is a GeForce GTX 1070 Asus Turbo.

Reactions: George Stamper
Solution
Yeah its hot, I wouldn't like it myself, but it wont hurt it, actually if Im not mistaken, 93c was the max default setting on my 1070 before it throttled, and for whatever reason fan speeds were under 60% at that temp, Once I set the fans to my personal preference 100% ay 70c, my 1070's hardly got more than 70C, I guess they favored sound over temp.

I still have both my 780ti's ref models, they get to 90C Regularly and have been since new, And they still work and overclock just fine after all these years of heavy use, Im ideal temp is under 80C, cooler the better, but I do understand the noise that some fans can produce.
I have an NVIDIA Gtx 1070 and it was reaching temperatures of 93 degrees celsius and stabilizing under load, is this acceptable? It's at least three years old and the case is VERY slim as it was prebuilt, with little to no airflow. There are no fans besides two fans that plug into the CPU fan port on the motherboard that is very small and my singular fan my graphics card has. I think my card is a GeForce GTX 1070 Asus Turbo.
What do temps do if you take the side panel off the case?

Reactions: George Stamper
Yeah its hot, I wouldn't like it myself, but it wont hurt it, actually if Im not mistaken, 93c was the max default setting on my 1070 before it throttled, and for whatever reason fan speeds were under 60% at that temp, Once I set the fans to my personal preference 100% ay 70c, my 1070's hardly got more than 70C, I guess they favored sound over temp.

I still have both my 780ti's ref models, they get to 90C Regularly and have been since new, And they still work and overclock just fine after all these years of heavy use, Im ideal temp is under 80C, cooler the better, but I do understand the noise that some fans can produce.

Solution