[SOLVED] Is a 1050ti still worth it in 2021

Shogunate

Prominent
Sep 8, 2020
Hey hey,

I was thinking of upgrading and I just want to ask if it's still a good option for me to buy a 1050ti in 2021.

PC specs:
I3-6100
GA-H110M-H
8x2 Gb HyperX
500Gb WD Blue

Solution
The price increase will still go back down right?
Maybe, eventually. I made the mistake of not upgrading last summer when rx 580s and gtx 1660s were in stock and selling for about $250-$275 thinking they would go down. Instead of buying 0 I should have bought 100 because now they're $600 from scalpers or used. You can still get cards close to MSRP at some vendors, but you have to be patient and persistent to catch them in stock. Just caught an EVGA 1650 SUPER in stock for $239 one morning this week, but passed on it stupidly, could have just sold it for $100 more easily if I ended up not using it. Won't make that mistake again.

Lutfij

Titan
Depends on what games you want to play. list the titles out, and you need to start mentioning what your PSU is in the specs as well. Just because the GTX1050Ti is a power efficient card doesn't mean you can run a badly built PSU in the system unless you want to ruin all your parts in the build as an excuse to buy a new system, which is a bad idea considering that parts are marked up unnecessarily...not to mention the horrible state of GPU's.

Shogunate

Prominent
Sep 8, 2020
Depends on what games you want to play. list the titles out, and you need to start mentioning what your PSU is in the specs as well. Just because the GTX1050Ti is a power efficient card doesn't mean you can run a badly built PSU in the system unless you want to ruin all your parts in the build as an excuse to buy a new system, which is a bad idea considering that parts are marked up unnecessarily...not to mention the horrible state of GPU's.

Maybe, eventually. I made the mistake of not upgrading last summer when rx 580s and gtx 1660s were in stock and selling for about $250-$275 thinking they would go down. Instead of buying 0 I should have bought 100 because now they're $600 from scalpers or used. You can still get cards close to MSRP at some vendors, but you have to be patient and persistent to catch them in stock. Just caught an EVGA 1650 SUPER in stock for $239 one morning this week, but passed on it stupidly, could have just sold it for $100 more easily if I ended up not using it. Won't make that mistake again.

Solution