[SOLVED] Is a 1080 TI AERO OC a good model of 1080 TI?

Aug 24, 2019
I currently have a great deal for a 1080 TI AERO OC, but I don't see much about it's speed relative to other models of 1080 TI, or it's thermal throttling/heat dissipation.

Is it a good model of 1080 TI to get?

Thanks!

(I am using it for gaming, but I am more worried about it getting extremely hot than the tiny difference of speed between models)

Solution
I currently have a great deal for a 1080 TI AERO OC, but I don't see much about it's speed relative to other models of 1080 TI, or it's thermal throttling/heat dissipation.

Thanks!

(I am using it for gaming, but I am more worried about it getting extremely hot than the tiny difference of speed between models)
Dont expect this card to be silent and run really cool. I can find threads that this card runs arround 82C with 100% fan speed. Of course this is probably a safe temp for the card but for sure would be really loud. So it depends on the deal as you did not mentioned a price. Of course after you pick the card you can find other solutions (installing an AIO or waterblock). For 420$ you...

Thanks!

Dont expect this card to be silent and run really cool. I can find threads that this card runs arround 82C with 100% fan speed. Of course this is probably a safe temp for the card but for sure would be really loud. So it depends on the deal as you did not mentioned a price. Of course after you pick the card you can find other solutions (installing an AIO or waterblock). For 420$ you can find a dual fan AMD 5700 XT or at 500$ a 2070 super (with all the new features) and these cards will perform like 10% less than 1080Ti but you will have better cooling and silence plus the extra features.

Solution
Aug 24, 2019
Dont expect this card to be silent and run really cool. I can find threads that this card runs arround 82C with 100% fan speed. Of course this is probably a safe temp for the card but for sure would be really loud. So it depends on the deal as you did not mentioned a price. Of course after you pick the card you can find other solutions (installing an AIO or waterblock). For 420$ you can find a dual fan AMD 5700 XT or at 500$ a 2070 super (with all the new features) and these cards will perform like 10% less than 1080Ti but you will have better cooling and silence plus the extra features.
I really couldn't care less about the noise, I also have 3 case fans ordered from Amazon so hopefully that should help as well. Also, this card is cheaper than 420$ (USD) so I'd still rather stick with it.

Thanks for the info!!