[SOLVED] Is a 27 inch 1080p display a good idea

Impala640

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019
Hi, I was looking for a new monitor and right now I have a 75hz 1080p, I don't want the big screen to make the games look like !#$*% because the size to resolution is messed up, would you say its fine or will I need to upscale to 1440p or get a smaller monitor.

Solution
It's honestly preference. Some will hate it, others like it. Think of it like going to the movies. Don't you know people who love sitting in the first 3 rows? They insist on sitting there so they get the big screen effect?

I had three 25.6" monitors in an Eyefinity setup. I liked it. The only issue I had was it was SO LARGE end to end that if you were looking at the left screen you had zero chance of seeing what was happening on the right screen. But if I looked right ahead I had no issues seeing left and right monitors. Your vision might be different. Try going to a local shop and looking at a monitor of that size. You'll find something you like.

4745454b

Titan
It's honestly preference. Some will hate it, others like it. Think of it like going to the movies. Don't you know people who love sitting in the first 3 rows? They insist on sitting there so they get the big screen effect?

I had three 25.6" monitors in an Eyefinity setup. I liked it. The only issue I had was it was SO LARGE end to end that if you were looking at the left screen you had zero chance of seeing what was happening on the right screen. But if I looked right ahead I had no issues seeing left and right monitors. Your vision might be different. Try going to a local shop and looking at a monitor of that size. You'll find something you like.

Solution

Impala640

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019

Ok, if I don't like the way it looks would you recommend upscaling to 1440p or making the monitor smaller?