[SOLVED] Is a 32 inch monitor too big for gaming at my desktop

Hi all, I been trying to buy a 1400p IPS monitor where I live for months. Sadly the only option I found soo far is the VX3276-2K-mhd (https://www.viewsonic.com/eu/products/lcd/VX3276-2K-mhd.php) which seems like a decent 32 inches, 1440p, IPS, 10 bit color, 60 Hz monitor.

I play games like The Witcher 3, Shadow of Tombraider, Euro Truck Simulator2, Far Cry 5, (the new) Wolfenstein saga, etc. so a high refresh rate monitor is not mandatory.

- If I was too choose I would buy the LG 27GL850 which seems to be a great display for the money, 27 inches, IPS, 1440p, 144Hz, Gsync, freesync, HDR10 and lots of great reviews and recomendations. Sadly its imposible to get my hands on one fo those in my country (Argentina)-

Question is, as the title: Is a 32 inch monitor too big for having in my desktop and use as my main display? I have the space, and my eyes will be about 80cm (31 inches) away form the actual panel.

Side note: as you can se in my signature it will be paired with an RTX 2070.

Thank you in advance.

WildCard999

Titan
I don't think it would be an issue. I use a 34" 2560x1080P with a lower PPI and it looks great for gaming and text on websites looks fine. Spec wise you should have no issues playing newer AA games at that resolution/refresh rate. The only downside is that it isn't Freesync as most of those that have DisplayPort work well with Nvidia GPU's.
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/how-to-run-gsync-on-freesync-monitor,6072.html

Reactions: RodroX
Solution
I don't think it would be an issue. I use a 34" 2560x1080P with a lower PPI and it looks great for gaming and text on websites looks fine. Spec wise you should have no issues playing newer AA games at that resolution/refresh rate. The only downside is that it isn't Freesync as most of those that have DisplayPort work well with Nvidia GPU's.
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/how-to-run-gsync-on-freesync-monitor,6072.html

Thanks for the reply so you think it should be fine to use, great! Im upgrading from a 24 inch LG FHD monitor and 32 inch seems soo huge compared to it :) .

And yeap, I know about that freesync to gsync, but as I wrote, there are close to zero options to pick from where I live. Found a lot of 27 inches, well not a lot, but many all 1920x1080 144 to 165 Hz panel, it seems the cs:go/fornite/r6s public is more important and demanding than the more "older" audience who wants to enjoy AA games.

I play all sorts of games on it. First/Third Person Shooters, RPGs, racing....all games. It's awesome for gaming and office/desktop work. I can't see myself going any smaller and definitely not going any lower resolution.

Thanks, I wonder if the 60Hz of the display I found (the viewsonic) may be too low and hurt the experience. On the other hand the LG 23MP55 I currently have is also 60Hz.

I would look at something with a higher refresh rate.

Yeah, I think Ima keep looking, I will probably never find anything better in my country, oh well....

Maybe I will start researching on 21:9 screen ratio monitor, there are some LG 2560x1080p monitor at a very good price, still 60Hz, but perhaps I can find a 75Hz~120Hz somewhere.

Thanks for all the help guys!!!

Reactions: WildCard999

WildCard999

Titan
Yeah, I think Ima keep looking, I will probably never find anything better in my country, oh well....

Maybe I will start researching on 21:9 screen ratio monitor, there are some LG 2560x1080p monitor at a very good price, still 60Hz, but perhaps I can find a 75Hz~120Hz somewhere.

Thanks for all the help guys!!!
I would push 21:9 if possible for your budget as 21:9, even at 29", is much more immersive. LG makes some really good ones but the HDR is kind of crap although honestly IPS looks great and way better then the Windows HDR with the game HDR activated. If you do find yourself playing more FPS then a higher refresh rate may be more preferable but I went from 1080P/144 to 2560x1080P/75hz and my K/D didn't change in BF3/4 and having that slight peripheral view does help. Blizzard thinks it's too much of an advantage over a high refresh as they don't support 21:9 on Overwatch. They do support it on other games.

I would push 21:9 if possible for your budget as 21:9, even at 29", is much more immersive. LG makes some really good ones but the HDR is kind of crap although honestly IPS looks great and way better then the Windows HDR with the game HDR activated. If you do find yourself playing more FPS then a higher refresh rate may be more preferable but I went from 1080P/144 to 2560x1080P/75hz and my K/D didn't change in BF3/4 and having that slight peripheral view does help. Blizzard thinks it's too much of an advantage over a high refresh as they don't support 21:9 on Overwatch. They do support it on other games.

oh wow, lol Blizzard, I didn't knew about that, once again, thanks for the info!!!

Reactions: WildCard999