[SOLVED] Is a 350w PSU enough for a 1050?

Aug 12, 2019
Im getting a pc with a Corsair V350 Watt PSU and im wondering if thats enough for a 1050? Or even a 1050 ti?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Just bear in mind wattage is useless without quality. I'm assuming you're referring to the VS series 350W?

The VS corsair series are fine for a budget, but are ultimately still poor quality in the grand scheme of things. They are ultimately a budget line and the VS350 is not really geared for gaming.

For that reason they also have a much shorter shelf life and I and many others have seen a faulty VS series cause a lot of problems

If you'd had the unit a while, you'd want to consider upgrading anyway, if it's new, remember it definitely has a shelf life. I have no doubt it will run fine, but the last thing you want to do is spend money on new components for a PSU to damage them or cause instability.

So respectfully I disagree that any 300 80+ unit will do, because there are too many of these that are poor quality and cause instability or risk to systems. I personally wouldn't go below NVIDIA recommended specs if the PSU is poorer quality.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Aug 12, 2019
Just bear in mind wattage is useless without quality. I'm assuming you're referring to the VS series 350W?

The VS corsair series are fine for a budget, but are ultimately still poor quality in the grand scheme of things. They are ultimately a budget line and the VS350 is not really geared for gaming.

For that reason they also have a much shorter shelf life and I and many others have seen a faulty VS series cause a lot of problems

If you'd had the unit a while, you'd want to consider upgrading anyway, if it's new, remember it definitely has a shelf life. I have no doubt it will run fine, but the last thing you want to do is spend money on new components for a PSU to damage them or cause instability.

So respectfully I disagree that any 300 80+ unit will do, because there are too many of these that are poor quality and cause instability or risk to systems. I personally wouldn't go below NVIDIA recommended specs if the PSU is poorer quality.
what psu would you reccomend under $70?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=100-BT-0500-K1

EVGA makes nice PSUS and always have a long warranty. Corsair too is an option but I feel like this is more value.
Again, EVGA make a huge amount of poor quality units. Especially the White and generic 80+ units.
Equally corsair are much better, but also make budget units, and budget effectively means they are using cheaper components to satisfy a budget option.

Obviously some people cannot live outside of that budget, thus why the option is there, but the brand doesn't necessarily make it any better quality. (Although any brand is likely better than no brand! :))

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
If you want budget that is still decent enough quality, can't go wrong much with a Corsair CX unit. They're about the minimum worth recommending and they are excellent value. Not as good as the top players, but definitely decent:

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($44.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $44.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-13 17:25 EDT-0400

Also gives you extra 100W headroom for less than $45

Aug 12, 2019
If you want budget that is still decent enough quality, can't go wrong much with a Corsair CX unit. They're about the minimum worth recommending and they are excellent value. Not as good as the top players, but definitely decent:

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($44.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $44.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-13 17:25 EDT-0400

Also gives you extra 100W headroom for less than $45
I might consider this, or the Thermaltake Smart RGB 500W, is it any good?

Aug 12, 2019
Smart series at that wattage no, one of their worst units arguably!
CX is still budget but is much better.

That and my personal preference is i avoid anything with RGB in the name! Especially PSUs! But that's just me.as all I see when I see RGB is = heat!
thank you for your replies, I'm kinda new to the whole pc building scene but it sure is fun. i will be getting a corsair cx450 once i have the money!

Reactions: PC Tailor