[SOLVED] Is a 3600/3600x worth the £350-ish from the I5 7500?

May 16, 2020
The 4 core, 4 thread 7500 seems to be lacking in aspects such as using chrome and gaming, using multiple sources on OBS (Streaming in general is fine as I use NVENC) and in some games it is 100% usage unlike my 1070 on games such as warzone. Note: I play at 1440p so I am aware the GPU takes more of a load than the cpu as the resolution goes up which is why I'm looking at a budget CPU rather than something like a 9700 :)

Is the 3600/3600x worth that amount of money (£350-ish which includes faster ram and mobo) so do you think either the 7500 is sufficient for the near future and upgrade later, the price is too much for the difference I will notice or do you think that the 3600/3600x will do we well for some time with it's more cores and more threads at 1440p and it's easy ability to upgrade CPUs without getting a new MOBA.

Thank you

Mickieg1994

Reputable
Jul 15, 2019
The 3600 is a great budget gaming chip, it will last for the next 2-3 years atleast, it will run pretty nicely with your current setup too, however i would definitely go for a 2700x over a 3600x any day though, it's a shame just a couple of weeks ago the 2700x was on sale for £150, that would of been a bargain for you, especially as you would be doubling what you already have, rather than just 50% more

May 16, 2020
The 3600 is a great budget gaming chip, it will last for the next 2-3 years atleast, it will run pretty nicely with your current setup too, however i would definitely go for a 2700x over a 3600x any day though, it's a shame just a couple of weeks ago the 2700x was on sale for £150, that would of been a bargain for you, especially as you would be doubling what you already have, rather than just 50% more

Thank you for your reply

I have to ask though, why would you recommend the 2700x over the 3600x?
From what I have read the 3600x is better for solely gaming and a little bit on the side while the 2700x would be better for streaming or editing for example.

I'll 100% do more research into your recommendation but i just wanted to get your take on why if you don't mind me asking :)

Thank you again

Mickieg1994

Reputable
Jul 15, 2019
k you for your reply

Thank you for your reply

I have to ask though, why would you recommend the 2700x over the 3600x?
From what I have read the 3600x is better for solely gaming and a little bit on the side while the 2700x would be better for streaming or editing for example.

I'll 100% do more research into your recommendation but i just wanted to get your take on why if you don't mind me asking :)

Thank you again

For me i play alot of videogames and i am also the type of person to be watching a movie on my tv and leaving my web browser open with 20 different tabs open, alt tab out of the game and then forget it's running for the next 3 hours, more cores and threads means that this does not slow down my pc as much as windows and other background apps have more room on the cpu, also it comes with a better cooler too

Also many games nowadays will use all 8 cores if not more, it leads to better frame times, less stutter, less input lag and an overall smoother experience, aswell as the chip lasting longer in the long run

Between a 3600 and the x version is all clock speeds and you would never really notice the difference, whereas you could spend just a little bit more and have 2 more cores and 4 more threads, which will make a difference

Also for me another factor was my previous pc, a prebuilt amd 4170 quad core, the pc before that was dual core, so this time i wanted no less than 8, hopefully next time will be 16 in a few years but you can see what i am going for when i upgrade my pc, each one was pretty entry level for gaming honestly

Also B550 boards are looking pretty nice and at a really good price point too, so have a look into those aswell, they will be a bit better for upgrading in future too