Is a 400W psu enough for this build?

Az3EmX

Commendable
Jun 27, 2016
My specs are

Kingston DDR-3 KVR16N11/8 8GB (1600 Mhz Desktop/Laptop)

Intel Core i5-2500 Quad-Core Processor 3.3 GHz 6 MB Cache LGA 1155 - BX80623I52500

Asus H61M-E Motherboard

Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 Dual-X OC Edition 3GB 384bit ddr5

Toshiba 3.5-Inch 1TB 7200 RPM SATA3/SATA 6.0 GB/s 32MB Hard Drive DT01ACA100

Kingston SSD Drive V300 Series - 60GB

And finally Cooler Master CMP 350 400W PSU ATX Mid Tower Computer Case (RC-350-KKR400) [ Pre-Installed psu i am talking about.]

Solution
Know that I am prejudiced to PSUs in the 700W+ range. Having that on hand should mean I never need to upgrade on that build. I took a moment to find your case and peruse the PSU location. I was burned when I needed more PSU in a US manufactured machine - and found there was no place for it. I solved it by hanging the PSU on the outside of the case.
My thinking on your build specifications is why would you settle for 400W. For in the range of $100 you can find a reputable 700W+ PSU that is fully modular and will happily power your rig until such time as you decide to hang a lot more peripherals on it than I think your case will take.
I won't mention a specific manufacturer - not ready for that discussion. You should avoid like the...

BenJaD

Reputable
Oct 7, 2014
Know that I am prejudiced to PSUs in the 700W+ range. Having that on hand should mean I never need to upgrade on that build. I took a moment to find your case and peruse the PSU location. I was burned when I needed more PSU in a US manufactured machine - and found there was no place for it. I solved it by hanging the PSU on the outside of the case.
My thinking on your build specifications is why would you settle for 400W. For in the range of $100 you can find a reputable 700W+ PSU that is fully modular and will happily power your rig until such time as you decide to hang a lot more peripherals on it than I think your case will take.
I won't mention a specific manufacturer - not ready for that discussion. You should avoid like the plague any PSU with a model number beginning with a C, however.

Solution

JohnHank21

Commendable
Jul 7, 2016
It will defiantly be enough power. If this is a already built computer than stick with it but, if it is a computer you want to build definatly upgrade to a better CPU.

BenJaD

Reputable
Oct 7, 2014

Just a quick comment - I do not believe I stated a 700W PSU. I admitted my personal foible in the early reply. Haven't browsed prices in the recent past - if I recall the difference in pricing between the 550-600W versions of vendor C, or T, etc. and their 700W models is trivial (in my opinion). I learned early on in self builds that $50 upfront probably means I won't have to replace the PSU and all that hateful cable routing.
Then again it is every builder's choice!