May 21, 2019
Everything turns on and the fans all spin it just doesn't boot and keeps giving me a no signal when booting it up on hdmi dvi or display port ,So there is a Asus Prime B450-Plus; mother board also a 1050 graphics card and a 430 watt PSU from thermal-take 16 gb of ddr4 ram viper x and one hard drive also ofcourse a ryzen 7 2700x cpu. just want to know if the PSU is enough for all those components and really don't wanna do the math.

Picture Of Computer

450w is plenty for that system, unfortunately, you have a Thermaltake TR2 power supply which is an EXTREMELY poor quality model. It is, in fact, the very same series of PSU (Although different capacity) that brought me to Tom's hardware in the first place, many years ago.

See here:

It's likely that is at least part, if not all, of your problem, however it's possible that it is not the problem as well.

Have you checked, and double checked, EVERYTHING here:

Are you SURE you connected the display cable to the graphics card, and not the motherboard video outputs?

Which slots are your memory modules installed in? Sound like it wouldn't be relevant, but it can be. They should be in the A2 and B2 slots which are the second and fourth slots over from the CPU socket.

Reactions: Kurtisdede
May 21, 2019
I have tested a2 b2 and a1 b1 slots for ram, i know the cpu doesnt have an apu so i use the graphics card at all time ive also switched out the graphics card with one that works perfectly fine, also the PSU is thermaltake. But ive also changed the hard drive, ram, and soon to change the PSU but i wanna know for sure that thats it because i really dont feel like doing the math for the wattage, as i know a 700 watt 80+ bronze or higher would work. its honestly not my pc its my customers but i wanna put aside my pride and make sure. ive also got a friend to do a bios update as i didnt have another chip in that chipset that i could use to update it and it worked there but then i got it back here never reset it at all after that and just hooked it up and nothing just all the same thing.

What is the MODEL, is it a Corsair CX430? How OLD is the PSU? 450w, if the PSU is good, is plenty for that system.

Have you checked, and double checked, EVERYTHING here:

Are you SURE you connected the display cable to the graphics card, and not the motherboard video outputs?

Which slots are your memory modules installed in? Sound like it wouldn't be relevant, but it can be. They should be in the A2 and B2 slots which are the second and fourth slots over from the CPU socket.