[SOLVED] Is a 450W power Supply Enough for a Rx 580?

Oct 2, 2019
I have a Ryzen 3 2200g processor and a Cooler Master MWE 450W 80+ psu , Im gonna buy a new Gpu rx 580 Is a 450w psu enough? or should i get a new one if so which one?

Lushern1309

Reputable
Aug 22, 2019
Hi, Just google PSU calculator and use one of them to calculate exactly what you rig requires, a few also allow overclocking and give you rough estimates on OC needs, however the base values are fairly accurate, try them all to give yourself a good average to work on, most add a buffer to their recommendations but you should add another 50w to 100w at the very least, keep in mind future upgrades as well

I have a Ryzen 3 2200g processor and a Cooler Master MWE 450W 80+ psu , Im gonna buy a new Gpu rx 580 Is a 450w psu enough? or should i get a new one if so which one?

Hi, Just google PSU calculator and use one of them to calculate exactly what you rig requires, a few also allow overclocking and give you rough estimates on OC needs, however the base values are fairly accurate, try them all to give yourself a good average to work on, most add a buffer to their recommendations but you should add another 50w to 100w at the very least, keep in mind future upgrades as well

PC power calculators are an invaluable source too yes.

You can also just google, "RX 580 PSU requirements"

For the 580 the MINIMUM is a 450W you can get away with, this varies depending on your other components power needs. A recommended wattage is a 500W PSU for the 580, that would give the card enough power with ample power room for the other components