[SOLVED] Is a 480 watts UPS enough for this build?

Oct 22, 2019
Hello all. I have the following build:

HDD WESTERN DIGITAL WD10EZEX 1TB CAVIAR BLUE SATA3
SSD KINGSTON SUV400S37/120G SSDNOW UV400 120GB 2.5'' SATA3 STAND-ALONE DRIVE
CPU AMD RYZEN 5 1500X 3.70GHZ 4-CORE WITH WRAITH SPIRE BOX
MOTHERBOARD ASROCK AB350 PRO4 RETAIL
PSU BE QUIET! PURE POWER 10 - CM 700W
2 x RAM KINGSTON KVR24N17S6/4 4GB DDR4 2400MHZ
VGA GPU: GIGABYTE RADEON RX550 D5 2G GV-RX550D5-2GD 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E

I am thinking about buying a UPS. Specifically this one:

APC Back-UPS 950VA

From what I read, the UPS's maximum output power capacity is 480 watts. However the vga GPU manufacturer recommends a PSU of 400 watts and the CPU consumes 65 watts according to their manufacturers' specifications. Do you think that the UPS I am thinking buying will be able to handle this, or should I go for more watts?

Thank you all for your time.

P.S.: I don't plan to add anything else on the UPS, except the build I described above.

Ralston18

Titan
Too little I think.

How much runtime do you want if the power fails and your build goes on UPS?

Just enough time to gracefully shutdown or to be able to continue working for some required amount of time?

Look under the APC-Backups 950 VA link's Technical Specifications to see the Runtime charts.

And read the Manual (Installation Guide) under Documentation.

Work through APC's UPS Selector to determine if the 950 VA UPS is suitable for your requirements. Consider the entire system (your build) load being placed on the UPS.

And there are other online tools to help make such determinations.

Side note: Select a higher capacity SSD for the boot drive. That 120 GB SSD will fill up fast. 256 GB at a minimum.

Oct 22, 2019
Too little I think.

How much runtime do you want if the power fails and your build goes on UPS?

Just enough time to gracefully shutdown or to be able to continue working for some required amount of time?

Look under the APC-Backups 950 VA link's Technical Specifications to see the Runtime charts.

And read the Manual (Installation Guide) under Documentation.

Work through APC's UPS Selector to determine if the 950 VA UPS is suitable for your requirements. Consider the entire system (your build) load being placed on the UPS.

And there are other online tools to help make such determinations.

Side note: Select a higher capacity SSD for the boot drive. That 120 GB SSD will fill up fast. 256 GB at a minimum.

I just want a couple of minutes to shutdown the PC. Nothing more. My only concern is that the UPS can damage some parts of the PC if it supplies less watts than needed