Is a 4gb card a big difference from a 2 gb card?

Solution

Then leap on it. And make sure you aren't being scammed and there's a "for parts" small text anywhere.

HeyItsEchoHere

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013

I heard that a long time ago but I was just making sure. Might get a 2nd monitor just for video editing and live stream stuff but not anything when gaming (Besides livestreaming).

There will be absolutely zero fps difference at 1080p. The only reason you need 4GB is if you're dealing with a HUGE resolution or an already-vram heavy game that's got dozens of mods. (skryrim with an 'ultimate' mod pack, for example.)

The only thing that the VRAM is used for is holding the image before it's sent to the screen. Just like with computer RAM, once you have enough, adding more gives you very very very little benefit.

That being said, are you sure about getting a 680? You can probably find a 670 for a lot less, and the 680 is only 5% more powerful than a 670. The 770 is more powerful than either of them.

HeyItsEchoHere

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013

I found a 680 for about 200 dollars lol

HeyItsEchoHere

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013

It says used on ebay and it says "The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended." So, it should work. If not I am going to have to contact ebay.