Is a 550 watt Corsair power supply enough to overclock the RX 570 4gb and Ryzen 3 1200?

Elf_Knight

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
I would like to overclock the RX 570 4gb at least if not the Ryzen 3 1200 CPU as well. However, I would be fine with just overclocking the GPU. Can my Corsair VS 550 watt PSU handle it? If not I will skip the overclocking. Does overclocking void my warranty for my PC parts? Would a stock Ryzen heatsink be fine to overclock the Ryzen 3 1200?

Many thanks in advance!

Solution
You could change the clock speeds a bit on the CPU but keep an eye on the temps, id say to aim to keep it below 80c at max load but someone may be able to be a bit more specific on the safe operating temp for the Ryzen 3.

Im sure the warranty would stipulate that the clock speeds are not to be altered, however if you try running at a speed it cant handle, and dont change the voltage too much, at worst it will crash and you just reset the speed. As long as you make small incremental changes and test stability as you go you will be fine.

there are plenty of GPU overclocking guides on youtube.

The PSU will be fine.
You could change the clock speeds a bit on the CPU but keep an eye on the temps, id say to aim to keep it below 80c at max load but someone may be able to be a bit more specific on the safe operating temp for the Ryzen 3.

Im sure the warranty would stipulate that the clock speeds are not to be altered, however if you try running at a speed it cant handle, and dont change the voltage too much, at worst it will crash and you just reset the speed. As long as you make small incremental changes and test stability as you go you will be fine.

there are plenty of GPU overclocking guides on youtube.

The PSU will be fine.

Solution

Elf_Knight

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
It's not the best power supply in the world but I wasn't sure if I was going to overclock or not and I might even skip OC'ing but I want to give it a go at least for my GPU and maybe my ram. Many thanks for both answers! :) I will look up some guides on YouTube.