Question Is a 600 BR EVGA enough for this?

Lutfij

Titan
Get a 650W unit and something that is a couple of tiers higher in terms of quality. Where are you located and how much do you have for your PSU's budget?

List the rest of your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

and mention if you'd like to overclock.

Xyzen

Prominent
Mar 21, 2019
Get a 650W unit and something that is a couple of tiers higher in terms of quality. Where are you located and how much do you have for your PSU's budget?

CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Ryzen 5 2600x
Corsair vengeance lpx 16gb 3000mhz
B450 tomahawk
Evo 870(?) SSD 500gb
Evo 970 m.2 500gb
RX 580
EVGA 600w BR
I can't remember the case name but it's a phantax M something it's an ATX case and it's pretty spacious

Xyzen

Prominent
Mar 21, 2019

CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

I'm upgrading the ram to 3200mhz and the GPU I don't mind upgrading the PSU I just didn't want to take the whole PC apart lol

Xyzen

Prominent
Mar 21, 2019
This psu can be used for budget level systems, but for your system i would get something better(its 30° temp rating omg...).
Get another psu.
My rig started out as entry level with a 1050ti and a Ryzen 5 2600 I've since upgraded both of those parts to a 2600x (my old CPU got fried rookie mistake on my part) and a RX 580

Xyzen

Prominent
Mar 21, 2019

DSzymborski

Titan
I got the name mixed up it's the BQ 600w 80+ semi modular

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=110-BQ-0600-K1

Cables are not standardized. While there are a lot of ones in the same family that will work, even the same brand doesn't necessarily have the same pinouts. The wrong cable with the wrong pinout and you may be buying new parts.

Generally speaking, the Super Flower/SeaSonic-made higher-end will very likely have different pinouts with your entry level Andyson-made one. It would depend on what new PSU you actually wanted to get.

DSzymborski

Titan
650 watts is great, but that’s really expensive. On amazon I know there’s like a 700w one for $70 or around that point

For a higher quality 700W, that's not expensive at all. Around $70, you'll find a lot of lower-quality 700W PSUs, second-tier Rosewills, non-Toughpower Thermaltakes, Raidmaxes with whatever garbage Chinese capacitors they have hec/Andyson slap in, second-tier Cooler Masters, and the back end of EVGA's product line.

There was a period in which you could frequently find a G2/G3 or a SeaSonic on sale near $70, but the uncertainty in China has affected those prices.

Reactions: Pickachu

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
For a higher quality 700W, that's not expensive at all. Around $70, you'll find a lot of lower-quality 700W PSUs, second-tier Rosewills, non-Toughpower Thermaltakes, Raidmaxes with whatever garbage Chinese capacitors they have hec/Andyson slap in, second-tier Cooler Masters, and the back end of EVGA's product line.

There was a period in which you could frequently find a G2/G3 or a SeaSonic on sale near $70, but the uncertainty in China has affected those prices.
Heres what I got:
EVGA 700 GD, 80+ Gold 700W, 5 Year Warranty, Power Supply 100-GD-0700-V1 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W956JBC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_dSCRDbQVXHJ6Y

DSzymborski

Titan
The RMx linked is a high-quality PSU.

The EVGA GD is more of a mid-tier PSU; I wouldn't be inclined to replace a BQ just to improve a little bit. The GD's are essentially rebranded FSP Raiders. There's a reason EVGA gives a ten-year warranty on their Super Flowers, a five-year warranty on their FSPs, and only three years on their Andysons.

Reactions: JQB45 and King_V

Xyzen

Prominent
Mar 21, 2019
The RMx linked is a high-quality PSU.

The EVGA GD is more of a mid-tier PSU; I wouldn't be inclined to replace a BQ just to improve a little bit. The GD's are essentially rebranded FSP Raiders. There's a reason EVGA gives a ten-year warranty on their Super Flowers, a five-year warranty on their FSPs, and only three years on their Andysons.
Right now all I do is game in 1080p but in the future I want to game in 1440p and edit/stream and I want dual monitors so I'm looking to upgrade everything eventually, and then I'll probably use my old parts to make a smaller gaming station I can use for LAN events.

DSzymborski

Titan
Right now all I do is game in 1080p but in the future I want to game in 1440p and edit/stream and I want dual monitors so I'm looking to upgrade everything eventually, and then I'll probably use my old parts to make a smaller gaming station I can use for LAN events.

Your BQ will be perfectly adequate for a limited use PC. It's not garbage-tier or anything. It's just that with gaming rigs with power-hungry GPUs that are going to see heavy use, it's always better to go with quality. I work from home and usually have between 3-6 PCs running at any given time and I've never lost a part due to a PSU failure. And those failures are quite rare. I play games at many of the same PCs I'm working on, so having a PC be out of commission is unacceptable!

The Corsair RMx you linked is an excellent power supply and one of the most recommended ones around these parts.