Is a 600W power supply powerful enough for my PC?

sheepdog2190

Reputable
Feb 6, 2016
I've input all of my specs on multiple websites, all of which say that my rig will produce around 450-475W. Is a 600W power supply good enough for that? Or would a 750W be better to future-proof it?

sheepdog2190

Reputable
Feb 6, 2016

My specs are:
CPU: i5-4690k @4.2Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070
4 monitors
1TB Hard drive + 250GB SSD
2 x 4GB DDR3 memory

Here is the print screen of the calculation: http://prntscr.com/g4zj01

Would you say that's overestimated? It's telling me to get a 650W.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
MERGED QUESTION
Question from sheepdog2190 : "Is the Corsair VS Series for PSU's good?"

Not really, probably the worst power supply corsair sells. Its better than buying some generic junk off ebay, but I would still recommenced something a bit better. Post you budget for a psu if you want me to recommend something.

4745454b

Titan
Lets stick to THIS thread about which PSU to get ok?

Calculators give really high numbers to cover themselves for junk PSU. The CS/CX/VS is Corsair's budget line. Nothing fancy, but will get the job done. From your parts list I don't see any reason to get a massive 650W PSU. Any QUALITY psu from 450-550W will work fine. I run an i7 and a 200-225W PSU on a 450W PSU. And your setup should need less juice than mine. I'd look for a good 500-550, no need for a 650W.

sheepdog2190

Reputable
Feb 6, 2016

Thank you for your info. This is my current PSU: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00H33SFJU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

While gaming, I recently had an issue where my pc would crash and all my screens would go black, and the sound in-game would loop continuously. I would then need to switch my pc off and on again to fix the issue. My initial thought was that it was some sort of graphics card problem or memory problem, but after reading some threads online some said it may be something to do with the PSU not giving enough power to the components, hence why I've been doing PSU calculations.

My budget is around £50-£70/£75 max. A recommendation would be perfect thank you.

sheepdog2190

Reputable
Feb 6, 2016

Right, sorry. I'm still getting used to this website. Thank you for your info. My current PSU isn't that great, this is the one I have: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00H33SFJU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00.

While gaming, I recently had an issue where my pc would crash and all my screens would go black, and the sound in-game would loop continuously. I would then need to switch my pc off and on again to fix the issue. My initial thought was that it was some sort of graphics card problem or memory problem, but after reading some threads online some said it may be something to do with the PSU not giving enough power to the components, hence why I've been doing PSU calculations (copied and pasted from another one of my replies).

Do you have any recommendations? My budget is around £50-£75 max.

sheepdog2190

Reputable
Feb 6, 2016

That one looks very trustworthy and it's within my budget. Thank you for your suggestion. I will most likely go with that one, I'd just like to see if anyone else replies with some other suggestions just to be sure.

TRENDING THREADS