[SOLVED] Is a 650W psu enough for a 414W TDP system?

Solution
Thank for the advice. When you say a higher quality psu, I'm assuming you mean an 80+ gold instead of bronze right? As long as the manufacturer is still well-known of course. Would you still suggest upgrading if i were to go with a 3060?

Higher quality really requires reading reviews. The bronze, gold, etc are measures of efficient and not necessarily quality. You can get bad gold for example. This might help https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/psu-tier-list-psucultists.3624094/

As for a 3060 I’d still get a high quality 550w or greater. You something that is stable and going to last and provide clean power to the system under load. Also warranty is important, should the worst happen and the psu fails causing damage...
650w is plenty but you want a higher quality psu than a CV. A Corsair RM or RMx would be a much better choice from the Corsair range especially with a demanding and expensive gpu like the 3070. The psu is an investment in the safety and stability of your system, gaming PC’s put the psu under high load for long periods of time (gaming).

Reactions: CapCap
Jul 3, 2021
650w is plenty but you want a higher quality psu than a CV. A Corsair RM or RMx would be a much better choice from the Corsair range especially with a demanding and expensive gpu like the 3070. The psu is an investment in the safety and stability of your system, gaming PC’s put the psu under high load for long periods of time (gaming).
Thank for the advice. When you say a higher quality psu, I'm assuming you mean an 80+ gold instead of bronze right? As long as the manufacturer is still well-known of course. Would you still suggest upgrading if i were to go with a 3060?

Higher quality really requires reading reviews. The bronze, gold, etc are measures of efficient and not necessarily quality. You can get bad gold for example. This might help https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/psu-tier-list-psucultists.3624094/

As for a 3060 I’d still get a high quality 550w or greater. You something that is stable and going to last and provide clean power to the system under load. Also warranty is important, should the worst happen and the psu fails causing damage to the system you want to be covered.

Reactions: CapCap
Solution
Jul 3, 2021

As for a 3060 I’d still get a high quality 550w or greater. You something that is stable and going to last and provide clean power to the system under load. Also warranty is important, should the worst happen and the psu fails causing damage to the system you want to be covered.
Alright, thank you so much.

TRENDING THREADS