Is a 900w battery with a 1000watt power supply ok?

InfiniteLoop

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016
Hi new to the forums :)

I bought a battery model Asium R1500 VA/900W, my computer system runs on a 1000watt power supply. The shop that sold me the battery told me everything would work and as skeptical as I was, it did. Yet recently it shut down my system and it constantly beeped for days. A friend told me the beeping meant over charge of energy. My system is okay thankfully.

Is it okay using a 1500va/900watt battery with a 1000 watt power supply. I had to leave it in the back away from the house until it stopped beeping.

Thanks!

Solution
If that UPS is suitable for you depends on the actual load you put on it and very little to do with the rating of the PSU.
You might have a 1000w PSU but only be drawing 350w of power from it. You would need the run-time tables to calculate how long it would last on the load you draw from it. I beleive you should get at least 30 minutes judging from just the specs. (If they are accurate)

InfiniteLoop

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016

I'm looking a PDF version of the manual, lost the original.

Would connecting a 1000 watts power supply to this 900w battery be a problem normally?

InfiniteLoop

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016

Thanks a lot for the PDF, the brand is iMexx and model ime-27000. Not the Best power supply I know :) 1000watts by the way.

popatim

Titan
If that UPS is suitable for you depends on the actual load you put on it and very little to do with the rating of the PSU.
You might have a 1000w PSU but only be drawing 350w of power from it. You would need the run-time tables to calculate how long it would last on the load you draw from it. I beleive you should get at least 30 minutes judging from just the specs. (If they are accurate)

Solution