is a AMD radeon r5 graphics card good for gaming with low settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameProf

Reputable
Dec 23, 2015
I was planning to get a laptop and I came across a:
8GB RAM
AMD Radeon R5 graphics card
AMD A8-6410 quad core processor

I was wondering if this is sufficient enough for gaming (at least on low settings).
Thanks in advance guys :)

Solution

100% no. The R5 series is a extremely weak series . These card have passive cooling and only only are good for office use.
Don't think to about.
Tell me your budget to help you. What games do you play my friend??
And your monitor resolution ?

AMD--fan

Reputable
Jun 12, 2015

100% no. The R5 series is a extremely weak series . These card have passive cooling and only only are good for office use.
Don't think to about.
Tell me your budget to help you. What games do you play my friend??
And your monitor resolution ?

Solution

GameProf

Reputable
Dec 23, 2015

well...I have a steady budget of about £250 but I can squeeze it up to £300, nothing more.
I play games like: TES-Skyrim, Space Engineers just minor types tbh.
My Resolution is 1366x768

jerdle

Admirable
Actually the card is integrated into the APU, and therefore has active cooling, but it's still weak. It could possibly handle low settings at 1366x768. If the RAM speed was better than 1600mhz I'd say certainly, but all budget laptops come with 1600.

If you're looking for a cheap laptop that can play games, look for an A8 or A10 APU in the 7xxx series. One that says it has R6 graphics. Doesn't matter how much RAM it has, because you'll need to get rid of it and buy 2x4GB of 2133Mhz memory. Then you'll be good to go for playing games.

AMD--fan

Reputable
Jun 12, 2015

Hi my friend
It's hard to find a good laptop to play games on with this budget .
It's better to build a PC instead of buying a laptop because we will be able to have more power under the hood with same budget compared to laptops !!
I recommend you to buy a PC with AMD A10 APU and a mobo that can handle 2000+Mhz Ram .!!
But for lap top , I don't think that you can but some thing good.
And have a nice day/ night and merry Christmas if you have Christmas in your country (anyway , we don't have Christmas here) ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.