Question Is a Asus Tuf gtx 1650 compatible with a ASRock 960gm-gs3 fx motherboard.

chaosbroken

Honorable
May 4, 2015
I am tryin to put together one of my old computers so my nephew can play modded Minecraft and other steam games on it but the only graphics card i could find at the time was a gtx 1650 which doesnt seem to work with the motherboard i have, to my understanding all pcie graphics cards and slots are backwards compatible but i cant find the card in the device manager, cant install drivers as the computer doesnt seem to see the card at all i have checked some of the bios options and nuthing sticks out as out of place to me, i have checked the pcie slot still works by pluging in very old but still somewhat working card and it seemed to see the card just fine and work as expected so what am i missing?

PC hardware
CPU: AMD FX 6100
Motherboard: 960gm-gs3 FX (bios Version P1.30)
Ram Corsair Vengeance (2x8gb 1333 or 1800mhz I think)
Graphics card: Asus TUF GTX 1650
PSU: corsair cx550
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO

Lutfij

Titan
The issue you speak of might boil down to the fact that UEFI VBIOS GPU's that are dropped into a non UEFI BIOS equipped motherboard regardless of the PCIe slot generation, results in a black screen. You will either need to look for an older card or upgrade the platform to something that at least has UEFI BIOS, which is a couple of generations past the FX platform...or a motherboard that has UEFI BIOS which won't be cheap in 2022 in spite of them being found used.

Motherboard: 960gm-gs3 FX (bios Version P1.30)
You have one more BIOS version pending update.

Also,
PSU: corsair cx550
How old is the PSU in the build? What did the system have in terms of a discrete GPU prior to the GTX1650?