Question Is a bad gaphics card causing grainy artifact and no anti aliasing?

Feb 28, 2019
Hi, so I don’t know why this is happening but since like late November-ish last year, 3d games (GTA, Saints Row, Mafia) for me has been having graphical issues. While the games run smoothly, the distance is filled with dotted textures, jagged shadows and weird grainy artifacts. I’ve tried everything from reinstalling drivers, changing settings, and even sending my computer in for repair. I even revived a new computer in replacement and it has the SAME problem. It was working so well for a good 6 months and I don’t know what happened. I don’t know if a GTA update messed up the GTX 1050 part or what. It also started to have shimmering lights and things like that. Anybody have any solutions? Like I said, I tried reinstalling drivers, updating drivers, installing older drivers, changing settings in game and in the NVidia control panel such as AA and distance scaling and nothing seems to work. (Update: Two Weeks Later) Now I have a brand new laptop that I received yesterday and it still has the same problem, I really don’t know how to fix this. I even called acer and they gave me an upgrade, with an i7 core and GTX 1050 ti but the same exact problem is still there. The strange thing is the games run so smooth with a minimum of like 60 fps, but you can see jagged edges and grainy artifact everywhere. I have had FOUR different laptops and the problem remains. I hate when people say "Well, you've probably had this issue all along, you probably just didn't notice it, because I first bought my Acer Nitro 5 back in June last year, and it didn't have any grainy artifact or anything like that. I don't necessarily think Acer sent me four laptops with the same pixelated graphic issue, so it makes me think (and hope) that maybe there is a way to fix it? I have literally tried everything like mentioned above, nothing works. Again, I JUST got this new laptop, and it wasn't refurbished, it was brand new, came in a new box and everything

Acer Nitro 5

GTX 1050 ti (4GB of VRAM)

Intel Core I7 8th edition

16 GB of ram