Question Is a core i9 worth it?

aarono123

Commendable
Jul 14, 2019
I was thinking of going all out on a PC build since I have the funds. Not really threadripper and EATX build, just 2080 ti with a great chip like i7 or i9, if not then Ryzen 7 or 9. Any feedback would be great, thank you

EDIT: I would be using the PC to play many video games such as Rainbow Six, Hitman 2, Tomb Raider, Doom, CS:GO, wanting to stream as well, but also use the PC for personal and business/office use so storage will be taken care of (M.2 and SSD card format)

Last edited:
first we need to know what you will use the pc for

As it stands intel gives you slightly better game performance
But when it comes to productivity amd wins hands down

Also do you need the strongest cpu your money can buy? this also depends on what you intend to use the pc for

aarono123

Commendable
Jul 14, 2019
I was thinking of going all out on a PC build since I have the funds. Not really threadripper and EATX build, just 2080 ti with a great chip like i7 or i9, if not then Ryzen 7 or 9. Any feedback would be great, thank you

EDIT: I would be using the PC to play many video games such as Rainbow Six, Hitman 2, Tomb Raider, Doom, CS:GO, wanting to stream as well, but also use the PC for personal and business/office use so storage will be taken care of (M.2 and SSD card format) I'm not too into OCing, but that's just playing it safe, so I figure the monitor will run at 144ish

aarono123

Commendable
Jul 14, 2019
stick with 1 thread
I was thinking of going all out on a PC build since I have the funds. Not really threadripper and EATX build, just 2080 ti with a great chip like i7 or i9, if not then Ryzen 7 or 9. Any feedback would be great, thank you. I would be using the PC to play many video games such as Rainbow Six, Hitman 2, Tomb Raider, Doom, CS:GO, wanting to stream as well, but also use the PC for personal and business/office use so storage will be taken care of (M.2 and SSD card format)