Question Is a Corsair CX Series 550 (2017) PSU worth buying? Is it reliable?

Garen D

Reputable
Jul 15, 2020
Is the Corsair CX Series 550 (2017) PSU worth buying? Is it reliable? I've seen a bit more positive reviews from people compared to negative ones so I wan't to buy it but I don't want to end up wasting what little money I have left in my PC budget. It's not an upgrade and my budget is around the 100$ mark, I don't really mind sound. I am located in North America if that helps.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...Supply-Units/cx-series-config/p/CP-9020121-NA

PartModel
CPUi3-8100
MB Gigabyte B365M DS3H
RAMCorsair LPX Vengeance 16GB (2x8) 2400 DDR4
SSD/HDDCruxial MX500 SSD / Seagate Barracuda 1TB
GPUGigabyte Winforce R9 270 4GB
OSWindows 10
Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
The question is, what will you be powering up in terms of hardware with that PSU?

Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Moterboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:

If the PSU is supposed to act as an upgrade, might want to mention what it's going to replace. If we do suggest that this isn't a good unit, what sort of unit's do you have access to? Meaning where are you located and what is your budget?

Reactions: Garen D

Garen D

Reputable
Jul 15, 2020
The question is, what will you be powering up in terms of hardware with that PSU?

Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Moterboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:

If the PSU is supposed to act as an upgrade, might want to mention what it's going to replace. If we do suggest that this isn't a good unit, what sort of unit's do you have access to? Meaning where are you located and what is your budget?

Added.