[SOLVED] Is a Corsair H100i RGB Platinum ok for cooling an i9-9900K?

PakOne

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013
I got a new PC build with an i9-9900K and an RTX 2080 Ti, I saw this AIO and got it, but now I've been reading about coolers and I read that the best cooler right now if you are not planning on overclocking is the Noctua NH-D15, which is an air cooler, not an AIO.

I believe I'm late in modifying my order for my PC build, and I'd like to know if I'll be ok with this AIO or if I should try and modify my order to get the NH-D15

I'm not planning on overclocking.

Will I get about the same temperatures, performance and noise level with the h100i? If the answer is yes I'll keep it.

There's a review here on Tom's Hardware for the h100i RGB Platinum and it's not very good, it has got a score of 3.5 out of 5

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/corsair-h100i-rgb-platinum-cooler,5905.html

Thank you, I'll wait for your answers.

Last edited:
Solution
Will I get about the same temperatures, performance and noise level with the h100i? If the answer is yes I'll keep it.
No. NH-D15 is the better performer.

For liquid cooling: 280mm. 360mm or custom loop if overclocking(I know you said you're not, but adding it anyway).

Air cooling:
-NH-D15, D15S
-be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
-Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT
Overclocking(Again... sorry): not really an option with air coolers.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
No. NH-D15 is the better performer.

For liquid cooling: 280mm. 360mm or custom loop if overclocking(I know you said you're not, but adding it anyway).

Air cooling:
-NH-D15, D15S
-be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
-Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT
Overclocking(Again... sorry): not really an option with air coolers.

Last edited:
Solution