Is a CPU cooler very important in a gaming pc ?

Snodfather

Honorable
Mar 24, 2014
basically i am building my first gaming pc and the cpu which i am going to buy is the intel i5 4670.
All i want to know is, is it important for me to get a cpu cooler or do i need to get one as i am on a very tight budget to get the pc finished.
thanks.

Solution
The CPU comes with a stock cooler in the box with is which should keep you i5 cool enough when gaming. Just don't overclock it because if it overheats then you cant send it back unless you didn't overclock it.

AleksH

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013
The CPU comes with a stock cooler in the box with is which should keep you i5 cool enough when gaming. Just don't overclock it because if it overheats then you cant send it back unless you didn't overclock it.

Solution

Snodfather

Honorable
Mar 24, 2014

oh ok thanks, i didnt know it came with a stock cooler :) although i have just looked at the Cooler Master
Hyper TX3 Evo, looks decent for £15

Snodfather

Honorable
Mar 24, 2014

the case i have is the zalman z11 plus, i didnt know it came with a stock cooler, thanks :)

Snodfather

Honorable
Mar 24, 2014

yes it is not the 'K' version i am going for, i have no need to, but ive looked at the Cooler Master
Hyper TX3 Evo for £15

You don't necessarily need it but it could be a bit quieter than the stock one. :)