Question Is a CPU with 8 cores x 2.7 GHz more efficient than a CPU with 4x3,1?

tzuzu100

Reputable
Feb 2, 2019
AMD FX-8100 8 x 2,7 GHz - 3,7 GHz Turbo
AMD A8-7600 4 x 3,1 GHz -3,8 GHz Turbo
or AMD FX-4100 4x 3.6 GHz
Turbo Speed: 3.8 GHz

Whats your opinion?

tzuzu100

Reputable
Feb 2, 2019
No Gaming:

-easy videoediting, watching many youtube videos at the same time at 1080p , watching live streams,
having 10 tabs in browser open at the same time including the youtube videos,
working in fl studio when browser is open, watching websites that have big filesize pictures in it ,
websites and programs should open fast, google earth, audacity recordings, photoshop

Actually I want a graphics card, but I have not decided yet, budget is 500

No Gaming:

-easy videoediting, watching many youtube videos at the same time at 1080p , watching live streams,
working in fl studio when browser is open, watching websites that have big filesize pictures in it ,
websites and programs should open fast, google earth, audacity recordings, photoshop

With that budget you can get a brand new Ryzen 2600 PC.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
No Gaming:

All of them suck for that, but the A8 by far the worst. The A8 is a different architecture than the other two so its not comparable. And clock speed is a poor comparison when many other factors come into play (number of cores, ipc, etc . A topic for another time)

Building a system with any of those processors in 2020 is worse than lighting your money on fire.

If you have a $500 budget you can build a system without a GPU using a Ryzen 3 3200G or Ryzen 5 3400G that would demolish any of those even with a GPU. The onboard GPU for either processor is more than enough for what you want to do.

Reactions: SamirD and uguv