[SOLVED] is a DisplayPort Needed for a high refresh rate monitor?

ShwaBdudle

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
I've been using a 1080p 60hz monitor but I wanted a second monitor (which ill use as my main when I get it). I found a good 1080p 144hz 1ms adaptive sync monitor. A friend of mine told me that I would need a DisplayPort to display 144hz. on my current 60hz monitor I use a regular HDMI cable.

QUESTIONS:

Do I need to get a display port for the 144hz monitor?

if I need to get a display port cable for the 144hz monitor do I need to switch the HDMI cable (from my 60hz monitor) to a DisplayPort cable? will the two different cables interfere with each other? or do I need both of the monitors to have a DisplayPort Cable?

I Found 3 Different Companies; Club 3D, Gold Touch, ETION

The Club 3D Cable Says That it "Supports resolutions up to 8K @ 60Hz". This Cable is 2 Meters Long and costs 19 USD.

Gold Touch Says that it supports "4K*2K" Resolution(s) and 60Hz. This Cable is 1.8 Meters Long and Costs 10 USD.

ETION Says that it supports "4K 120Hz 3840 × 2160" & "8K 60Hz 7680 × 4320" (and the cable supports HDR). This Cable is 2 Meters Long And Costs 19 USD.

From all of these, is ETION Really the only one that does support 120Hz+?

From all of these options, ETION looks like the one I should get. What Do you think?

FarmerFran

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
That means it does include one... (optional) means you don't have to use it.
Then shouldn't the quick start guide be optional?

Or is optional "depends on how the person packing your monitor feels that day". You might get it, and you might not

And mine said "included" (below) on the website not optional, I guess the person doing mine had better writers.

Cables Included
  • Power cable
  • DP cable
  • MiniDP-DP cable
  • USB 3.0 Upstream cable

Last edited: