Is a gaming keyboard and mouse a good thing?

Memhorder

Distinguished
I have a couple of old keyboards laying around so I was just thinking of using them up till they're toast then consider new keyboard and the mouse I'm considering anyway. Is there any type of advantage over the old ones? Or am I right by using what I got till they're ready to go to peripheral heaven :)

Solution
You can always use a normal keyboard and mouse for gaming. People use gaming keyboards/mouse who are really hardcore gamers just to have a good experience with Macros and also it will give you many other features depending on what you get.

Rams Anirudh

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
You can always use a normal keyboard and mouse for gaming. People use gaming keyboards/mouse who are really hardcore gamers just to have a good experience with Macros and also it will give you many other features depending on what you get.

Solution

mace200200

Honorable
A normal keyboard that you like the feel of and doesn't have input lag is usually fine, unless you want macros or mechanical switches there's not really a need to buy a dedicated gaming keyboard.

Gaming mice are a little different. You can get some with a bunch of buttons but anything that has variable dpi is really nice. A year ago i bought and still use one of the E-3lue mice for like $15, they're actually really nice not even considering the super low price tag.

http://www.amazon.com/E-3lue-EMS109BK-Precision-Control-1600dpi/dp/B005CPGHAA/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1391035765&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=kobra+jr+mouse

Memhorder

Distinguished

Yeah? I was thinking of a mouse because of the buttons and probably better maneuverability or dpi and like you said can get the Cooler Master for 15$ and they just go up from there. I appreciate the input.

Memhorder

Distinguished

Just cough and you're aiming at the sky? lol. That's crazy. Barely have to move it eh?

d359233drdrbcom

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014

Well anyone who has never used a mouse before will have problems using a considered normal dpi.You get used to it / learn it though. Ive increase my mouse speed in Windows settings and had to learn a new speed again.But now i use it with advantage.Guess how many meters your hand travels each day on PC.

If you use 16000 dpi and someone uses 1000 dpi you are 16 times quicker.You win any game!Think about it lulz.Also by the end of day you prolly havent moved your hand by more than a meter with such dpi compared to many meters with low dpi.

Also if you have 4k monitor/s that dpi isnt really that fast

Memhorder

Distinguished

yeah I suppose that would be a little easier on the wrist. Yeah screw the keyboard I'm just gonna get a nice mouse and destroy these old keyboards slowly tap tap tap

Rams Anirudh

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
I have a Steelseries Sensei :) But to correct you in Sensei its not DPI its CPI. The more DPI you have the more precision you can have in gaming, for MMO games above 5K DPI is not required. For FPS like CS COD above 6k is not required, but still gamers love to get a good mouse because of several other factors like ambiguity, feel, precision, no of clicks for the lifetime, gaming mouse will soon never double click because of its make.

Memhorder

Distinguished

Hmm worth noting that is good to know. Thanks. I will use that as a base in my mouse buying endeavors