Apr 3, 2020
Hey guys!!
So i have finally installed:
8 Gb ram
i3 intel processor
500 gb ssd
rtx 580 8 gb
PSU of 750 w
Now my question is a gaming motherboard necessary to install and why?

Solution
gaming motherboard is just marketing trick, but for sure can handle sustained load on cpu while gaming (other non gaming motherboards can do that too :p)
It steers people into buying gear that has a flashy sticker or light show. It means nothing.
Is an asrock pro4 worse than a gaming? whats the difference? Im a gamer so do i go with the gaming? Its coloured red so it must be faster.

Its a marketing crapfest.
its basicly same board if you compare asrock gaming vs pro4
https://asrock.com/mb/compare.asp?Models=Z390 Pro4,Z390 Phantom Gaming 4
but gaming has RGB and easy OC, pro doesnt have it

as far as you could tell...pc hardware called gaming are RGB, mouse, keyboards, etc, maybe gamers wants perma christmas tree? :p

fredfinks

Honorable
its basicly same board if you compare asrock gaming vs pro4
https://asrock.com/mb/compare.asp?Models=Z390 Pro4,Z390 Phantom Gaming 4
but gaming has RGB and easy OC, pro doesnt have it

as far as you could tell...pc hardware called gaming are RGB, mouse, keyboards, etc, maybe gamers wants perma christmas tree? :p

dnPCAAy.jpg

Watercooled and overclockable!

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
What's faster, my black dodge charger r/t sedan with 4 doors, or the same year red dodge challenger r/t sports car with 2 doors. Actually the sedan with 4 doors is faster than the sports car with 2 doors. Regardless of color.

Gaming is a label. A gimmick. For most applications, an Asus Prime board is just as good as the ROG versions, in some cases its far better suited and much cheaper. But gamers want black/red not blue/white (for the most part), so things labeled 'Gaming' are aimed at a more specific target market.

A 'Gaming' chair might be sleek, red/black and have speakers in the head area, but my wife's 12hr rated ugly brown office chair is far more comfortable for long term sitting.

So it's going to depend on exactly what the expectations and needs are for the user. If a 'gaming' mobo has the fan ports, USB, ram, audio, Lan, storage etc that Op pc needs, then that's that. But if a cheaper, non-gaming designated mobo will do the exact same thing.....

Reactions: Hencepro97
"gaming" when applied to a motherboard is just marketing fluff.
The only distinction I can think of is the ability to run dual graphics cards.
But, dual graphics cards is generally a lousy idea for a gamer.

What is the motherboard you have now?
What is the i3 processor you have now?
For that matter, what is the make/model of your psu? A cheap one is a bad idea, regardless of the claimed wattage.
Is your ram a 2 x4gb kit?
I very much doubt that any other motherboard would make any difference at all in your gaming performance.