[SOLVED] Is a GTX 1660 super compatible with a lenovo m700 tower

Patrick_155

Reputable
Apr 5, 2017
I recently bought a corsair 550w psu with a 24 pin to 10 pin adapter ang planning to upgrade my gtx 750ti with a gtx 1660 super. I already set BIOS to UEFI. I was wondering if it is compatible?

Solution
I recently bought a corsair 550w psu with a 24 pin to 10 pin adapter ang planning to upgrade my gtx 750ti with a gtx 1660 super. I already set BIOS to UEFI. I was wondering if it is compatible?

you shouldnt have a problem. make sure your power supply can handle it. and check the measurements of the card and make sure there will be enough space for it and to route its power cables as well. if your hard drive is mounted on the bottom slot of the drive slots you might have to move it. but other than that. it should be just fine.

Looks like you likely have an i5-6400... The gtx1660 should be a fine pair for that CPU.

It's quite difficult to find Motherboard information... but since you're already running a 750ti, I don't see you having any issues running a 1660. Besides, you already took care of your PSU, so that's good! I hope it's the mid size tower? If it's the SFF then you'll have issues with card sizes and fitment.

Reactions: Patrick_155

Patrick_155

Reputable
Apr 5, 2017
Looks like you likely have an i5-6400... The gtx1660 should be a fine pair for that CPU.

It's quite difficult to find Motherboard information... but since you're already running a 750ti, I don't see you having any issues running a 1660. Besides, you already took care of your PSU, so that's good! I hope it's the mid size tower? If it's the SFF then you'll have issues with card sizes and fitment.

its the mid tower one. thanks for you're help

computer_nugget2

Distinguished

you shouldnt have a problem. make sure your power supply can handle it. and check the measurements of the card and make sure there will be enough space for it and to route its power cables as well. if your hard drive is mounted on the bottom slot of the drive slots you might have to move it. but other than that. it should be just fine.

Solution