Is a GTX 690 Still relevant in today's games???

Edgerunner

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
Been looking for a solid Used GPU and the GTX 970s are a bit over my $200 budget, However I have come across the GTX 690 and the average price seems to be about $175.
Will this card last me two years and still manage to keep up with AAA games @1080?

Solution
It may keep up with AAA Games at 1080p, but you will have to turn the settings down quite a bit. If you ask me, I would not go with it.

Check this out:
https://www.futuremark.com/hardware/gpu

690 is 26, just above the 1060.

I would go with the 970 if you can find it, it will last a bit longer and should be good enough for a year or two if you start lowering settings.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The 690 was a powerhog, over-heating monster that was awesome when paired with a game that actually used its abilities, in a pc that could handle its physical characteristics and quirks. Other than that, it was temperamental at best and gave some ppl fits. On the spec sheet, the 690 was great, in reality it was really a toss up, overall the 970 is quite superior, more solid, more stable and a whole lot less hassle. A card like a 980 would be a better choice, stay on the lookout for those too.

Given a choice, I'd pass on a 690.