[SOLVED] Is a gtx 750 ti bottlenecking an i5 4670K?

Aug 10, 2019
So im planing to upgrade to an i5 4670k and i'm wondering if my gtx 750 ti will bottleneck the cpu. If so, can someone recommend me a better GPU, under 100$, doesn't have to be new

Solution
No, absolutely not. There's no possible way that a gpu can ever bottleneck a cpu.

The cpu pre-renders the frames, as many as it can according to the processor speed, IPC, game code. It then ships those frames to the gpu. The gpu can either have the ability to surpass those frames, or not, depending on detail settings and resolution.

If the cpu sends 100 fps to the gpu, then that's the limit, if the gpu can only put 50fps on screen, that's not slowing the cpu down a bit, the gpu doesn't affect cpu performance at all.

All you've got pairing a gtx750ti with an i5-4670k is a cpu that in most games will not have an issue giving more fps to the gpu than the gpu can put on screen.

Adding a stronger, more powerful gpu will not increase fps...
The RX580 is about $185 currently, and is still a 1080P power house, still outperforming the GTX1060 (6 GB) in most games... (many other lesser 1080P cards need reduced video quality settings to keep good frame rates)

WHen you get a new CPU/MB/ RAM combo (sooner than later, given the state framerates with most of 4c/4t CPUs in games these days), probably a 3600 or 3700, you can take the RX580 with you knowing it's still a great 1080P card..

Aug 10, 2019
The RX580 is about $185 currently, and is still a 1080P power house, still outperforming the GTX1060 (6 GB) in most games... (many other lesser 1080P cards need reduced video quality settings to keep good frame rates)

WHen you get a new CPU/MB/ RAM combo (sooner than later, given the state framerates with most of 4c/4t CPUs in games these days), probably a 3600 or 3700, you can take the RX580 with you knowing it's still a great 1080P card..
Yeah but i have to change the ram, mobo, and the cpu, quite a spending, you know

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
No, absolutely not. There's no possible way that a gpu can ever bottleneck a cpu.

The cpu pre-renders the frames, as many as it can according to the processor speed, IPC, game code. It then ships those frames to the gpu. The gpu can either have the ability to surpass those frames, or not, depending on detail settings and resolution.

If the cpu sends 100 fps to the gpu, then that's the limit, if the gpu can only put 50fps on screen, that's not slowing the cpu down a bit, the gpu doesn't affect cpu performance at all.

All you've got pairing a gtx750ti with an i5-4670k is a cpu that in most games will not have an issue giving more fps to the gpu than the gpu can put on screen.

Adding a stronger, more powerful gpu will not increase fps from the cpu, it'll only increase fps on the monitor upto the limit of the cpu.

Solution