Is a gtx 970 and 60hz monitor bad?

Pavster

Reputable
Feb 13, 2015
Hey,
I was wondering if I run a gtx 970 with a 60hz monitor would I get screen tearing and stuttering?
Thanks

Solution
Screen tearing will always happen if the monitor and GPU are not working synched.
For 60Hz, screen tearing is visible and happens really often.
It is not GTX970's or R9 390's fault and also not the monitor's fault, if you see screen tearing, it just happens.

To get rid of the screen tearing, you can try to activate VSync and/or tripple buffering.
Be careful, VSync could cause stuttering and triple buffering will increase your VRAM usage a bit.

You will be fine with GTX970 :)

Note:
The ultimate solution for screen tear and stuttering due to VSync is GSync (nVidia) or FreeSync(AMD), you will need a special monitor too.

Pavster

Reputable
Feb 13, 2015

1080p
FPS games like Battlefield Hardline
I5 6600k, 8gb Ram

Screen tearing will always happen if the monitor and GPU are not working synched.
For 60Hz, screen tearing is visible and happens really often.
It is not GTX970's or R9 390's fault and also not the monitor's fault, if you see screen tearing, it just happens.

To get rid of the screen tearing, you can try to activate VSync and/or tripple buffering.
Be careful, VSync could cause stuttering and triple buffering will increase your VRAM usage a bit.

You will be fine with GTX970 :)

Note:
The ultimate solution for screen tear and stuttering due to VSync is GSync (nVidia) or FreeSync(AMD), you will need a special monitor too.

Solution