[SOLVED] Is a HP Pavilion 17-AB 17-W series laptop motherboard by any chance compatible with a HP 15-P series case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxidane

Commendable
Apr 19, 2021
Motherboard

Original Laptop

Basically, I want to remove the motherboard in my old laptop and replace it with a new one. I have numerous other parts that are compatible with the aforementioned motherboard.

In essence, I want to swap out the motherboard (plus add additional upgrades) of my old laptop. However, I am unsure if the aforementioned motherboard is even compatible with the empty laptop shell of my old laptop.

And yes, even if the motherboard is in fact compatible, I am aware that I will need to upgrade my battery. This will be the difficult part, so if anyone has any suggestions (only relevant if the motherboard is compatible), then please feel free to give me some form of direction.

Solution
Alt accounts?
No

As far as what motherboard....all we out here have to go by is what you post.

Is a HP Pavilion 17-AB 17-W series laptop motherboard by any chance compatible with a HP 15-P series case?
The answer to that is No.

And I down-voted you because you are assuming the motherboard I showed you is from a 17" laptop because it is labelled as "17-series" even though the 17 represents a model from the year 2017, not the fact that is 17". I mean, for all I know it could be from a 17" laptop, I truly have no idea. But the thing is, you don't know either.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Pavilion-17-Series.169056.0.html
"The Pavilion wants to be a gaming capable all-round notebook for the...

Oxidane

Commendable
Apr 19, 2021
Interesting that you would vote down two answers that are most likely 100% accurate.

May we assume you have some other info that shows it will fit, and that we are wrong?

Bro how salty are you that I downvoted you. Like you literally spent the time to go on alt accounts and upvote yourself. Yikes...

And no, I down-voted the first person because he offered completely useless information that I am already aware of.

And I down-voted you because you are assuming the motherboard I showed you is from a 17" laptop because it is labelled as "17-series" even though the 17 represents a model from the year 2017, not the fact that is 17". I mean, for all I know it could be from a 17" laptop, I truly have no idea. But the thing is, you don't know either. You're just pulling the dingleberries out of your ass.

I did not think the motherboard I suggested would actually fit, I was just hoping that someone would be able to post an alternate solution with similar specifications (as well as compatible battery) that would fit.

But do not worry, I am aware people here are most likely out of their depth (no offense, this includes you). I have already gone to HP forums and received advice from an actual expert.

Thanks for your help!

USAFRet

Titan
Alt accounts?
No

As far as what motherboard....all we out here have to go by is what you post.

Is a HP Pavilion 17-AB 17-W series laptop motherboard by any chance compatible with a HP 15-P series case?
The answer to that is No.

And I down-voted you because you are assuming the motherboard I showed you is from a 17" laptop because it is labelled as "17-series" even though the 17 represents a model from the year 2017, not the fact that is 17". I mean, for all I know it could be from a 17" laptop, I truly have no idea. But the thing is, you don't know either.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Pavilion-17-Series.169056.0.html
"The Pavilion wants to be a gaming capable all-round notebook for the small budget. The 17.3-incher with Core i5 processor and Radeon GPU ... "

If you have advice from " an actual expert"....well, you go with that.
Good luck.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts