Is a more expensive motherboard so important?

Solution
If you dont plan on using sli or crossfire, this board is the right one for you.

it has a single 3.0 x16 slot so you will get everything out of your gfx card.. tho this board do not have any built in VGA or DVI ports.. if your monitor supports those ports and no hdmi then a gfx card is mandatory to output video to your monitor

everything else checks out perfectly

Demonic Heart

Honorable
May 8, 2014
If you dont plan on using sli or crossfire, this board is the right one for you.

it has a single 3.0 x16 slot so you will get everything out of your gfx card.. tho this board do not have any built in VGA or DVI ports.. if your monitor supports those ports and no hdmi then a gfx card is mandatory to output video to your monitor

everything else checks out perfectly

Solution

WildCard999

Titan
I would go with the ASRock if your not planning on running SLI/CF plus its about $60 cheaper. I recently changed my MB to the ASRock Z97 Extreme6 (I needed the SLI capability for running two GTX 780 6gb's) and the MB is great, no issues and BIOS was easy to navigate/use.

kenrickandbros

Honorable
Oct 31, 2015

Which board are you talking about? By the way I plan to use this Sapphire R9 390 Nitro so the DVI thing probably won't be a problem.

Demonic Heart

Honorable
May 8, 2014

i was talking about the AsRock Z97 Anniversary.

okay if you plan on using the r9 then you are good to go

just keep in mind that sli and crossfire is off the table with this board