Is a pre build worth it

bederrhan

Prominent
Jun 21, 2018
Hi guys,

Soo i am getting my first gaming pc and i really want to build one (i have the proper knowledge) but my mom keeps saying “rater buy a pre-build that has some garatee on it instead of building” because she is scared that if one component error could lead to the hole thing to breaking down and that the manufacturer won’t cover it so what can i do about is some nice argument to say or just buy a stupid expensive pre-build

Solution
I've always built my own and it has worked out ok, but there have been incidents along the way. I have had issues returning things, and times when I wasn't sure if it was covered because I may have fried something. If it's a big cost and not easily covered if something goes wrong it may not be worth the risk, however small.

A possible compromise is to find a shop that will build to order to your specifications. That way you still get to choose all the parts yourself and have less worries about warranty.

USAFRet

Titan

1. How much is this going to cost?
2. Who is paying the actual money?
3. Where are you getting it?
4. What is the basic parts list?

Above a certain price level, a prebuilt often has a few significantly crappier parts than something you assemble yourself, at the same price level.

A prebuilt often requires sending the whole thing back if there is any issue. This may take weeks.

Dugimodo

Distinguished
I've always built my own and it has worked out ok, but there have been incidents along the way. I have had issues returning things, and times when I wasn't sure if it was covered because I may have fried something. If it's a big cost and not easily covered if something goes wrong it may not be worth the risk, however small.

A possible compromise is to find a shop that will build to order to your specifications. That way you still get to choose all the parts yourself and have less worries about warranty.

Solution