is a radeon rx 580 compatible with the optiplex 9010 motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2018
is a radeon rx 580 compatible with the optiplex 9010 motherboard?
It looks like the computer I got has that motherboard in it and I just want to know if I can use the Radeon rx 580 on it

Solution
kompyuter_dell_optiplex_9010_mt_210-mt9010-i7.jpg

There is a space before hard drive cage (I am sure it can be removed completely as a whole structure, not in parts), but longer card will go over SATA connectors first, for sure, so you might need to evaluate your SATA cables.
There are Left and Right angles SATA cables, which you might need to use to bypass this issue. How many drives you have, 1 or 2 (and there is optical drive as well)

Can you provide exact model for RX 580? From my humble memory, Dells like yours have at least 8.5 inches clearance before issues arise, but we need to be more specific.

amir.adam

Prominent
Sep 1, 2018
I guess the graphic card will touch your other components and thus will not fit..

Does anyone know how much does it cost and maybe if it's possible to transfer the Mobo to another case?

My guess is if it hits the cpu you can't put it in anyways right?

Cheers

Some components like the drive cage could be removed on that 9010 PC case, and some RX 580 graphic cards are larger than others.

It will cost as much as the price of the PC case. The issue will be with Dell motherboard and all the proprietary connectors.
Check this post before you try that adventure.

A GPU will not hit the CPU since they do not align,and there is plenty of space between them.

kompyuter_dell_optiplex_9010_mt_210-mt9010-i7.jpg

There is a space before hard drive cage (I am sure it can be removed completely as a whole structure, not in parts), but longer card will go over SATA connectors first, for sure, so you might need to evaluate your SATA cables.
There are Left and Right angles SATA cables, which you might need to use to bypass this issue. How many drives you have, 1 or 2 (and there is optical drive as well)

Can you provide exact model for RX 580? From my humble memory, Dells like yours have at least 8.5 inches clearance before issues arise, but we need to be more specific.

Solution
May 23, 2018
I know this is probably late but why don't you use a pcie extender if you dont care about the aesthetics of your PC? You could leave the card outside of your case and it will have better airflow

Status
Not open for further replies.