Is a rx 580 compatable with my mobo?

Nov 12, 2018
I recently got into PC building and I want to know if the RX 580 will work my Asus P8H67-M LE Mobo. Thanks

Solution
I know someone using a 1050 with a Dell Optiplex 790, which is also a 1155 motherboard and it works fine, and it's in legacy bios mode not UEFI. That's not a model you're looking at but it is a new generation card which have been known to be finicky with non UEFI bioses.

Sandy Bridge seems to be right on the line of where new cards work. Seeing as you have an Asus motherboard I would think it'll work fine. Of course you can boot into the bios and look around to see if A) you have a UEFI option and B) maybe you're already in UEFI mode. The UEFI thing is the only possible issue I can see you having assuming your power supply can handle the card.
I know someone using a 1050 with a Dell Optiplex 790, which is also a 1155 motherboard and it works fine, and it's in legacy bios mode not UEFI. That's not a model you're looking at but it is a new generation card which have been known to be finicky with non UEFI bioses.

Sandy Bridge seems to be right on the line of where new cards work. Seeing as you have an Asus motherboard I would think it'll work fine. Of course you can boot into the bios and look around to see if A) you have a UEFI option and B) maybe you're already in UEFI mode. The UEFI thing is the only possible issue I can see you having assuming your power supply can handle the card.

Solution