Question Is a Ryzen 3600 compatible with a x470 motherboard?

Mar 24, 2019
I´m going to buy an Asus TUF X470-Plus Gaming motherboard and a Ryzen 3600 CPU but I don´t know if they will work together.
It's my first AMD CPU and I would have no way of flashing a bios so before I bought it I would like to know if they were going to work.

It wont work, unless the seller can tell you for sure that the stock he/she has is already with a newer BIOS (or that he/she will update the BIOS for you).
Also yeah, any B450 will work the same, since the X470 TUF really doesnt have any special feature, and the VRM is pretty basic.

Mar 24, 2019
It wont work, unless the seller can tell you for sure that the stock he/she has is already with a newer BIOS (or that he/she will update the BIOS for you).
Also yeah, any B450 will work the same, since the X470 TUF really doesn't have any special feature, and the VRM is pretty basic.
It´s an online store and it comes from a warehouse so I don't have a way of making sure it comes with a bios update, so what can I do?

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
It´s an online store and it comes from a warehouse so I don't have a way of making sure it comes with a bios update, so what can I do?
Can try contacting customer support and asking what BIOS it comes with. Otherwise, if you want to be sure it'll work out of the box, get it in-store somewhere or get a different mobo. Or you could risk it, and if the BIOS isn't up to date and try to get a local computer shop to update it for you.

Most MSI B450 boards let you update the BIOS yourself without a supported CPU. Or if you get one of their MAX boards, it's guaranteed to come with a BIOS that supports Ryzen 3000.

Reactions: RodroX

I see then you may wana check for motherboard with BIOS flashback feature (that way all you need is a working pc with internet, go to the motherborad website, downlaod the proper bios into a pendrive and flash it on the new motherboard without a CPU)

Here are two list of them:

Last edited:
Reactions: TJ Hooker
I contacted Amazon and Asus and found out that with all numbers and sku's and other numbers that is listed by Like Amazon they and Asus tech support could Not tell me what bios was on a
Asus Rog strix X470 F Gaming.
I was hoping to find that mobo again with a Pre 3000 series bios as those bios's are better for the 2000 cpu's.
I was told by Asus that Amazon has more of the older bios's mobo unless otherwise advertised.

Op you should listen to Tj Hooker and RodroX

TRENDING THREADS