Is a single GTX 1080ti (Non o.c) enough for 4k on modern titles?

madzpredator

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018
I've been all over the forums inquiring about my new build and last on my list is whether or not a single GTX 1080ti will be enough to reach and maintain 60fps on at least high/medium 2160p assuming there are no CPU, memory or storage bottlenecks.

In the current market and living in the UK, the cost of a GTX 1080ti is.... ya'know.
So I really need to know if Q2 of 2018 will release the next gen gpu's or if I should just stick with a single GTX 1080ti when they drop in price.

The most use of it will come from 4k gaming, obviously I don't mind not being on ultra as thats too much to ask for but will it be feasible for 4k?

Solution
Next gen GPU is supposed to launch in Q3. But this is just rumor, so take it with a grain of salt.

A 1080TI should definitely handle 4K games on medium to high settings.
It's able to run AC: Origins and Far Cry 5 on ultra at 4K with 50-60 FPS.
Tweaking some of the settings should definitely result in over 60 FPS.

Also, at those high resolutions a CPU doesn't really matter any more.

rhoban

Prominent
Mar 17, 2018
Next gen GPU is supposed to launch in Q3. But this is just rumor, so take it with a grain of salt.

A 1080TI should definitely handle 4K games on medium to high settings.
It's able to run AC: Origins and Far Cry 5 on ultra at 4K with 50-60 FPS.
Tweaking some of the settings should definitely result in over 60 FPS.

Also, at those high resolutions a CPU doesn't really matter any more.

Solution

KalashnjukUA

Honorable
Feb 9, 2016
Actually, I don't think someone is able to see any difference between Ultra/High or even Middle customization settings at 4k resulution, meanwhile FPS difference is getting more and more obvious.